Update: Tori from WearWagRepeat nominated me to a second Liebster which feels great, thx so much Tori! I love her blog and we have love of dogs in common. Here are the questions she has for her nominees:
1) What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
I love writing and being creative. Everything I choose to include in my blog are truly my passions or interests. It’s also wonderful to connect with people and share a little bit of myself.
2) If you could have any career, what would it be?
I love creating and went to graduate school for business so I would say being a major fashion entrepreneur would be pretty amazing! (which could still happen right? 🙂
3) What’s your favorite DIY project you’ve ever done?
I wish I could say I am a crafty person but I am not; luckily my third grader surely is. Probably helping her make her Valentine’s day box is my favorite DIY project.
4) What’s your go-to comfort food?
Spagetti with meat sauce and mozzerella cheese on top comes to my mind. I make a mean sauce with a variety of spices, white wine, and a whole lot of red pepper flakes.
5) Favorite TV show?
Can’t watch much TV lately so no new shows. How I met your mother, Sherlock, Pretty Little Liars and Downton Abbey are shows I keep on watching when I find a minute.
6) Cats or Dogs?
Dogs all the way; they rule! 🙂
7) What do you order at a coffee shop?
English breakfast tea, a plain bagel toasted with cream cheese, or a savory pastry like a croissant.
8) Do you prefer a vacation to the snow or the sand?
Although I like skiing and we like going to the mountains as a family, I am a beach and warm weather girl.
9) What’s the last book you read?
I recently finished Gone Girl; I was late to that party I know but there have been many good books in between.
10) What’s your favorite clothing store?
Nordstrom; I LOSE myself there.
11) Did you have any good dreams last night?
I always have the most vivid dreams with lots of details, yesterday night’s is a big blank though 🙁
My original post:
I have a very fun task to do right now; answer some questions my fellow blogger from BlushandBlonde posted. This is part of what’s called the Liebster Award. It is essentially a great support and networking for new bloggers. Jessie was so kind to include me in her nominations and came up with some great questions. I think these will also be great for you to get to know me a bit more 🙂
1) What is the one book you could read over and over again?
There are a MILLION books I adore. I have been a big reader of many genres since age 6 when I learned to read. Still I have a very soft spot for English classics and would read many Jane Austen books over and over. Emma and Pride and Prejudice are on the top of my list. I love the romanticism, and the grand gestures of that time.
2) What’s your favorite breakfast food?
For breakfast I usually eat two slices of organic whole wheat bread (particularly the house brand from New Seasons Market) with goat cheese spread over and some strawberry/raspberry jam on top. It is healthy, and oh so yummy.
3) Which designer fits your personality the best?
This is so much like the book question, almost impossible to choose but I will attempt it. There are many luxury brands I can’t keep my eyes off but I will answer with the brands that I actually wear and use. Kate Spade appeals to my girly, colorful side ,Michael Kors speaks to me with his clean, modern lines, and I think my personality best matches with BCBGMAXAZRIA. I love their on trend, contemporary pieces with that it factor.
4) What’s your favorite color to wear?
Definitely purple &pink from the vibrant colors and grey and black from the neutrals.
5) Favorite season for fashion?
Summer as it means flowy dresses, open toe heels, lots of color for me. I wouldn’t totally wipe out fall and winter from my fashion life though haha, I enjoy layering too much and I would miss my cozy chunky cardigans, boots, and scarves. 🙂
6) Which shoe designer makes you swoon?
Louboutin, Manolo Blahnik, and Brian Atwood are my top three.
7) What’s the greatest challenge you are encountering with your blog?
I am very excited to finally start my blog after planning it in my head for a long time. I think one thing people are not very aware of with blogging ( including me before I started) is that it takes a lot of effort, energy, and time to create hopefully good content and grow your blog. My challenge is to balance my time between family, friends, hobbies, and this amazing passion.
8) Favorite TV show?
I love Sherlock, Downton Abbey, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars, and Madmen nowadays. I want to add some new shows to my list when I find more time. Ok a confession I love watching Bachelor, and Bachelorette; there you have it! For my husband it’s a constant source of laughs and for me it’s a mix of entertainment and hope for the couple to make it!
9) Which current trend do you despise?
I think 2014 will be a good fashion year for me. I love most of the trends. Crop tops will be a challenge though; I have never been into them. I may still try one that works with my body shape and see how it goes.
10) What’s the one accessory you can’t leave home without?
My iphone unfortunately became my must have accessory. I feel like my whole world is in my phone; email, kids pictures, skype for chatting with my long distance friends on the go. Can’t leave home without it.
11) Where do you hope to be in a year with your blog?
I put a lot of passion into this little space, feel like its another kid of mine so I hope to see it happy, social, well adjusted and well grown in a year. :))
Here are my questions for my nominees Julissa Inspiredbyjp, Michelle michellenguyenpremd, Rina And She dressed, Sara FASHinNy, Katie French Pemberley , Carmen Fashion Reformation, Charlotte Wear Something Black , Dahlia Nenefashion , Tiffany lovegreyskies, Leslie theprettymustache more new blogs to be included as I discover them. Simply link back here, come up with your own 11 questions, and nominate new blogs you like ladies.
1) How did you decide to start blogging?
2) What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
3) What’s the biggest challenge you are having with blogging? (this was in my list and I think a great Q)
4) What do you do for fun?
5) What’s one clothing item you couldn’t live without?
6) What’s a hobby you have to have in your life?
7) Which movie can you watch a million times?
8) If you could meet anyone you wish who would it be?
9) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
10) What do you love the most about yourself?
11) What would you like to achieve with your blog?
Have fun girls! XOXO