I’ve recently started a Shopping Haul Series to show you all my favorite purchases, and to share some tips on shopping/deals/styling. My first installment was the first edition of my premium outlet shopping spree where I shared my experiences on premium outlet shopping. From the feedback I got from many of you lovely ladies the series was well received ( thx for the notes& e-mails <3
If you are new to theboxqueen (Welcome! ) you can read the first part of Premium Outlet Shopping Haul here; there are a ton of tips and tricks there. (including how to tell apart “made for outlet pieces” from regular store transfers by looking at tags)
Today I’ll continue with the second part of this shopping haul, and with some more useful info put together from my premium outlet experiences. I only go to this particular outlet a couple times a year. The hauls are bigger than my usual purchases; it may take a while to show you in parts. 🙂
My goal with the premium outlet shopping is to find nice quality merchandise at reasonable prices. I love mixing high end brands with less expensive everyday pieces, and I don’t think we need to break the bank each time we shop. Splurges are great ( and I do my share of them have to admit) but finding well-made pieces at reasonable prices is an option that I love to exercise- and frequently! Each clothing piece in both outfits here are under $100.
First off is this Banana Republic dress. I was immediately drawn to it when I saw the cheerful, happy print hanging on the rack. I loved the color combo, the tropical vibe of the pattern, and the shape of the dress is very easy to wear, and flattering for any body type.
I also really liked how the top part of the dress falls down slightly onto the bottom ( due to the waist elastic) The dress almost looks like a modern two piece.
I thought this necklace from my recent Wantable box enriched the outfit; it has a lot of texture with the beads, chain, and leather rope detail.
Pineapple prints are everywhere this summer. I am still on the lookout for a cute pineapple print tee to wear with my skirts and shorts but found this stinkin’ cute pineapple studs instead. I think they were a perfect match for the tropical print dress.
I added some summer inspired gold accents to the outfit with the gold capped shoes, envelope clutch, and wide leather bracelet.
Outfit Details: Dress: Banana Republic Factory Store | Leather buckle bracelet: Ann Taylor (similar here) | Clutch: DSW ( same one, all gold here) | Shoes: Nine West (similar here)
Outlet Shopping Tips Cont. (More tips here)
- Compare prices before you go to a Premium Outlet. Sometimes regular store prices are better with all the sales, and coupons available. I’ve had instances where sale items are better priced at regular J.Crew/Banana Republic/Nine West after coupons, deals are factored in. Premium Outlet Shopping usually takes a lot of time, and energy it better be worth it.
- Check the exchange/return policy before you buy. Does the regular stores take back their factory store items? Can you exchange or return an item or is it final sale? This information is especially important if you are visiting a premium outlet and you are not planning on returning for a while. I live close enough to mine and could go whenever needed, but if I was visiting an outlet mall in another state I would find out this info first. In case a piece is final sale, or there is no return allowed in regular stores, just try the piece on in the fitting room and make sure the fit is right.
- If you can’t go to the premium outlets, try Factory/Discount store online shops. For instance J.Crew Factory or big merchandisers like Neiman Marcus Last Call usually have amazing mark downs.
- Start looking at the clearance racks first. This area is usually where most of the best deals are which also means not many sizes are left. Grab whatever you like from this area first, you may not find it 5 minutes later. (True story) I have found both my top and shorts from J.Crew Factory (below pics) from the clearance section; there were only one of each in my size. The side racks are the second best. Usually the most expensive merchandise is in the most visible areas, the front& center of the store.
- Shop for off season merchandise. Some of my best purchases have been off season pieces. For instance shopping for sunglasses in winter or a jacket in a hot summer day can be wise, especially when you are looking for more classic pieces that are not super trendy.
- Update: Use your store cards to earn points that can be used as rewards at both regular &factory stores. A dear reader reminded me that store cards like the Banana Republic card can be used at both factory and regular stores, and the rewards can be reaped at both as well. Pretty neat! Thanks so much Cheryl <3
Do you have any other premium outlet shopping tips? Let me know and I’ll update with them here.
I am always on the lookout for classic, timeless pieces that I can integrate into my closet and multi-task with many different style of seperates. This sleeveless top with black line in the middle is the perfect “wear with anything” summer piece. I was so excited to find it at such a deal. (JCrew factory Tipped Draped Tank)
The blue striped pleated seersucker shorts, also from J. Crew Factory, are another “never out of style” piece (which you can see styled in my “never out of style” series soon). The fabric and the blue/white color combo will be around year after year.
What are some of your favorite pieces from outlet shopping? Do you go to outlets close by or make special trips to visit any special ones in other states?
I would love to hear your experiences finding deals at the outlets or at any store. Drop me a note below and share with me your tips, tricks, and fab finds. 🙂
If you haven’t already, make sure to sign up to theboxqueen on the top of the page or the right sidebar with your e-mail to receive updates, news, and tips just like this post.
I always love hearing from you and getting to know you more here on the blog or social media. Your e-mails make my day so always feel free to e-mail with anything.
You can find theboxqueen social media below. It’s always fun to talk more in depth on Facebook, share outfit pics and moments in life on Instagram, and Pinterest turned into a hobby of finding pretty things.
I hope you all have a beautiful, fab Friday. It’s definitely my favorite day of the week, signaling the weekend. 🙂 XOXO,
Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin | Twitter | Pinterest
PS: I have purchased everything in this post myself. There are some affiliate links in this post and thank you so much if you choose to use them! <3