Hi lovely ladies, hope your week so far has been a great one, and you’ll enjoy the three day weekend. I took my red, blue, and white outfit pics this morning, (sneak peak on theboxqueen instagram) and will post those this weekend. Today though, I want to share with you this week’s pretties under $100 which will now become a weekly series. ( thanks for the feedback, I am so happy to learn you like these series <3 )
Before I continue with this week’s finds, I want to update you a bit on what’s coming in July. As I mentioned before, I have been traveling on and off in June. My hubby is joining me in a week, and bringing me all my mail which I am SUPER excited about. ( seriously it was
torturereally hard to be apart from my beloved mail box ) You can expect to see my July Stitch Fix ( this time I kept the WHOLE box ), Golden Tote, Wantable, and get a peak into a couple really cool boutiques,& new subs. After adjusting to our summer life with kids home from school, and life on the go, mid- July will be a busy month here at theboxqueen full of new outfits, style tips, and reviews. Hope you’ll join me on the fun ride 🙂
This week I couldn’t resist the very on trend, and adorable pineapple prints I’ve found in my favorite stores, came across adorable rompers, floral shorts, a clutch &wedge. That gorgeous J.Crew swimsuit is on sale, and many more of these beauties, so if anything catches your eye I would act sooner than later. I already snatched up the swimsuit, and the colorful clutch. 🙂
2. Floral Lace Romper | Forever21 $17 (On Sale)
3. Beaded Chiffon Shift Dress | Forever21 $24
4. Beaded Zigzag Clutch | Berry $68
5. Strapless Romper | Forever21 $13 (On Sale)
6. T-shirt with Pineapple Print | ASOS $20 (On Sale)
7. Pineapple Graphic Muscle Tank | PPLA $28
8. Floral Short | J.Crew $69
9. Havana Clutch | J.Crew $49
10. Simonah Sandal | DV8 $36 (On Sale)
Which of these pretties you like the most lovelies?
FROM THEBOXQUEEN’S CLOSET
My under $100 piece this week is the below lace V neck & back romper. I know I’ve already shared rompers with you as a part of my summer trend series, but when I was shopping for last week’s “Pretties” skirt at ZARA, I couldn’t resist this summer white as well. I’ve tried to find the romper on ZARA website but couldn’t. I am guessing it is a store exclusive piece. ( The above Forever21 romper is a pretty similar, and more economical I must add, alternative though)
After my initial post featuring a romper, I got a couple of e-mails asking me for tips. Here are some important key points I keep in mind every time I shop for a romper.
My tips on finding the right romper for you:
- Length is key. You want your romper to be a couple inches below your bottom. There is nothing more uncomfortable than constantly pulling, and adjusting your clothes. Find the right length for your height. I sometimes move up to Small from XS, just to have more length in my rompers, and so far it has worked great. ( for reference I am 5 5′) I’ve used this trick for the above Zara piece as well.
- The fit should be just right. Too loose and your romper looks like short pajamas you wear at home, too tight it feels like it came directly from juniors department ( which does work for some pieces if you are petite, but your intention probably isn’t to look like a teenager 🙂 ) When the romper is fitted but just a tad loose, I think it looks the best.
- Go for a plain romper and dress it up with accessories. A plain romper like mine above is a blank canvas to play around with, and create your own style. You could go for elegant, feminine, edgy with a leather jacket, or boho with a fringed top over. It’s the easiest way to dip your toes in the romper waters.
- If you are a romper maestro try prints, they look cute. If you feel comfortable with one pieces, try mixing it up with some prints such as florals, ikat print, chevron, or geometric prints. Keep everything else simple, and let the pattern talk.
- Accessorize carefully. This is very much a personal preference. I prefer rompers with simple accessories, ( especially with prints statement necklaces can overwhelm ) preferably heels, ( unless it’s a beach cover-up ) and with clutches rather than big totes. I feel like rompers already have a reputation to look a bit too young. I like to use them more dressed up, and make them more elegant. Depending on your style, you could go for any look.
- Rompers can transcend seasons. Tights, jackets, scarves, and boots can easily make rompers suitable for fall, and early spring. You can get a good use out of many styles of rompers in multiple seasons.
I just got a haircut. After five years of just “hair trims” and super long hair, this is a welcome change for me <3
Here is a close-up of lace detailing, shoulder embroidery, and V neck of my romper. I chose this particular one as I felt like the fabric, and shape of the romper is timeless, and not super trendy; but still current.
My statement earrings are from Baublebar. I love this online store, for its colorful, always fresh selection of great accessories. My particular earrings are sold out but you can find many other cute ones here.
The back of the romper is also embroidered, and is a pretty V-neck.
I chose a blue clutch to liven up the all white/neutral ensemble, Accessories of choice were statement earrings, and a vintage style pearl ring.
A closer look at my blue clutch, and Jewelmint vintage style pearl design ring.
Outfit Details: Romper: Zara | Earrings: BaubleBar, Ring: Jewelmint | Shoes: Guess Peep Toe Pumps ( SAME ONE- ON SALE) | Clutch: From a boutique
I can’t wait to hear from you and see how you spend the 4th? Also if you have any other tips on how to wear rompers let me know and I’ll update my tips section with them!
If you aren’t already signed up to theboxqueen to receive all news, and updates make sure to do so with your e-mail on the top of the page.
You can also find me on theboxqueen social media below. I LOVE chatting with you more there, and share slices of our everyday lives. You can find a lot more of my daily style on Instagram, and on my Pinterest boards.
Hope you are having a wonderful day today. Happy 4th my dear ladies, and see you again this weekend. XOXO,
FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST
PS: I am linking up with a fab party Manic Monday at More Pieces of Me & On the Daily Express, and Style Sessions.
I bought everything myself. There are some affiliate links here and thanks so much if you choose to use them and support this blog.