What is one thing that takes away from the beauty of a head of beautiful hair? I can hear
most of you ladies shout out loud “flakes”. We can straighten, curl, dye, and style our hair
allwe want, if it is covered with white pieces of dandruff all over, it feels like all the love &maintenance we put into it is in vain.
In our house Head and Shoulders has been a permanent feature in our showers for years. My husband has been using it to fight the white little flakes all over his clothes, and has benefited so much from the shampoo. This summer during my overseas traveling, with all the time and weather changes, for the first time I got some myself. It was also the first time I could understand the discomfort of itching, redness, and a bit of embarrassment that accompanies dandruff filled hair. It was very fitting that I got to try Head and Shoulders Fresh Scent Technology shampoo &conditioner, and experience the benefits I’ve been witnessing in my hubby’s hair for ages.
In case you are wondering what Fresh Scent Technology is, and how it works here is all the info you need. I was very curious to know, and loved what I learned. It’s pretty amazing.
- Fresh Scent Technology is the breakthrough approach to flake free hair. The technologists at Head & Shoulders combined their knowledge of a healthy scalp with the expertise of leading fragrance creators to come up with products with proven hair benefits that also happen to smell amazing.
- There are four scents available in the collection: Green Apple, Smooth &Silky (what I got), Classic Clean, and Damage Rescue.
- Top notes of the scents are very volatile so they are activated by water during the shower, increasing the effect of the fragrance.
- Head & Shoulders makes the analogy of switching from regular TV’s to HD for the difference between Fresh Scent Technology, and regular scents. Just like in HD TV, the complex notes of Fresh Scent Technology is created & perceived in high definition.
- The result is a much more pleasurable shower experience, beautiful smelling and 100% flake free hair. Totally affects the users mood as they start their day knowing their hair is free of dandruff, they had a positive shower experience, and walking around with pleasantly scented hair.
Here are the two products I’ve experienced. I’ve been using both the past week, every single day, and they’ve not only gotten rid of my flakes but also gave me smooth, and silky hair just like the name of the products.
I loved the packaging of both bottles. The smooth & silky scent is very fruity, and almost yummy 🙂 They have added moisturizers to soften dry, and frizzy hair. That’s music to my ears. All the hair styling tools I use leave my hair dry, and I have natural frizz in it after showers.
Head & Shoulders shampoos start their magic at the source, the scalp. A healthy scalp is the first, and maybe the most important step to beautiful hair. They are the #1 anti-dandruff shampoos used by dermatologists. Proprietary form of zinc pyrithione (ZPT) maximizes the coverage of the active ingredients for superior scalp care; and the gentle PH balanced formula is perfect for everyday use for all types of hair including colored and permed. I very recently started coloring my hair in my natural color, and was happy to know I could still use the products.
I think the strength of the system comes from using the shampoo, and conditioner together. These two products are a super harmonious team, and offer a complete hair system. Ordinary conditioners can wash away 70% of scalp care ingredients. Not the Head & Shoulders conditioners. They also contain ZPT to help the shampoos do their job.
Have you ever used Head & Shoulders shampoo, and conditioner on your hair? Have you tried the Fresh Scent Technology collection?
Head & Shoulders has a VERY exciting sweepstakes right now which inspired my flake- free parted hair above. The #PartOfOUrFamily sweepstakes will run until September 1st, and wait for this surprise, it’s huge for fans of her everywhere, drumroll, the winner will have a chance to meet Sofia Vergara at an upcoming advertising shoot.
To participate in the sweepstakes, you just follow @HeadShoulders on Twitter, style your flake-free hair, and post a photo tagging #PartOfOurFamily #sweeps, and @HeadShoulders. Seriously ladies, do it! So much fun coming up with a cute hairstyle, pretty hair instantly makes me more cheerful; and how fun would it be to meet Sofia in person.
Here is Sofia with her family showing her stunning flake-free parted hair. Head & Shoulders has been a part of Vergara family for over 20 years because of the benefits of the product. I love Sofia, and relate to her taking care of herself, and staying stylish while also being a mother raising her son, and being close to her family. If you love her as well, here is your chance to meet Sofia, and become #PartOfOurFamily.
I was going to a family reunion myself while visiting my parents, and was very inspired by Sofia’s hairstyle. I also styled my hair using the Head & Shoulders Fresh Scent Technology shampoo, and conditioner. Let me tell you my dears, these products do what they say. My hair was indeed flake-free completely, but also it was very easy to style, not frizzy and super smooth. How did I get the wavy style? Read on to find out. It’s super easy.
How to get Loose Waves
- Start with washing your hair using your Head & Shoulders shampoo and conditioner.
- Blow dry your hair first. It’s much easier to style it and the style will hold better if 70% hair is dry in my experience.
- Create volume on the sides and crown by lifting your hair with your fingers while blow drying your hair.
- To get my loose waves, after blow drying, I use a flat iron first to get rid of frizz and make my hair smooth. I go over my whole hair.
- After my hair is smooth, and frizz free, I switch to a 1 1/2 curling iron. I use this by taking random pieces of hair, first twisting them before curling them on the curling iron. This makes for loose, natural curls.
- I part my hair and pay special attention to the front part, curling them a bit more without twisting, and then loosening the curls with my hands.
- The best part is the end result of having flake-free, smooth, healthy looking hair.
How do you come up with wavy hair? Share your tips with me and also make sure to enter the sweepstakes with your gorgeous hair. <3
Can’t wait to hear what you all think! Leave me a note below, and let’s discuss hair, Head & Shoulders, and hair styling/ tips.
If you are new to theboxqueen, don’t forget to sign up on the top of the page with your e-mail to receive all updates, and news.
You can also find me on theboxqueen social media below. It’s so much to share more with you there. Have a wonderful day with flake-free, healthy hair ladies, XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.