How was your weekend ladies? Mine was really fun, and exhausting at the same time. We spent pretty much half of Saturday at a fabric store looking for materials to make a Halloween costume for a pony. In the evening I had a much needed break with mom friends, and Sunday whole day we were at a riding schooling show.
In the morning our daughter rode, and proudly collected a couple ribbons. In the afternoon we dressed up the pony she rode as Mrs. Doubtfire, and they paraded in the Club’s Halloween parade. It would be an understatement to say Mrs. Doubtfire got a few laughs out of the crowd with her plaid skirt, lace shirt, and glasses tied with bead necklaces. 🙂
Lapel Cotton Suit – Pink – $21.00
Vintage Stripe Sweater – $24.00
Vintage Black Edge Blazer – $37.00
Peach Strapless Dress – $38.00
Shawl Knit Wear – $38.00
Crochet Lace Top – Beige – $21.00
Floral Gemstone Diamante Necklace – $21.00
Asymmetric Fit-and-flare Blazer – Grey – $48.00
Layered Mesh Skirt – Nude – $19.00
Lately I’ve been very fond of tulle midi skirts. I’ve been looking for one for a while. My requirements were that it had to be an easy color to pair with my winter closet, and it had to be affordable. I have no problem splurging on classic items like shoes, bags, flattering jeans, or a great coat. The tulle skirt is more of a trendy piece though, and there entered this new super fun store I discovered; Lookbook Store.
I chose the above tulle skirt, along with the Vintage Black Edged Blazer. You can also see some of my other favorite pieces on the board from the online store. Have you spotted the grey shawl knitwear? I think it’s just about awesome, and so in for the season.
Now onto my mission today. I want to convince you that Tulle Skirts can be perfect for day time, and I’ll show you how in two outfits. You can find details of the looks at the end of their last pic.
From TheBoxQueen’s Closet
Most of you know I am a mom to young kids. Most of my life is running around for various activities which I actually enjoy. I do occasionally have special events, date nights, and formal gatherings I attend of course, however I don’t like waiting for these occasions to wear my fancy pieces. Whatever piece I buy need to be adaptable for day, or night. I also believe a little glam infused in a day look would never hurt a girl. 🙂 I think at this price everyone needs one of these tulle skirts to make their wardrobe a bit more lighthearted.
Outfit 1- Style Tips:
- For a tulle midi skirt outfit still appropriate for day, I started with a short sleeve, floral print tee. Use otherwise casual tee’s with your special pieces to instantly make the look more approachable.
- I added the Vintage Black Edged Blazer for a bit of warmth, and to add another layer of texture, and color.
- The bow belt ties in the girly skirt & the florals together, and defines the waist. With a midi always define your waist not to look frumpy.
- I chose high heels as with my average height at 5 5′ I need some help with midi skirts. If you are taller you could go with mid heel booties, or even bow flats.
You can also wear the jacket zipped up.
Outfit Details : Jacket: c/o Lookbook Store | Skirt: c/o Lookbook Store | Floral Tee: Past Season Macy’s | Clutch: Zara
I think Lookbook Store is the best for those pieces that are more seasonal. They may not be pieces you’ll have forever, but the styles are so fresh, fashionable, budget friendly, and perfect to make your seasonal closet current. It’s also a great perk that they have free worldwide shipping. One thing to keep in mind if you are ordering is that, the sizing is different than US sizing. For instance for XS I ordered AU 6 and AU 8. Both fit me great.
Outfit 2 – Style Tips:
- Another option with a tulle skirt is matching it with a fitted sweater. Choose one that’ll complement your skirt’s fabric, and that has some interesting details. Mine here has an all lace back, adding to the romantic look of the skirt.
- Once again I chose a thin belt. It blends in with the color of the skirt, as here I didn’t want my belt to be the main character of the look.
- Neutral closed toe high heels let the other details shine.
- A beaded, sequin clutch, and a floral necklace can make more of a statement in the otherwise subdued outfit.
Look at this prettiness- I squealed with delight. <3
Back view of my sweater. Wearing a neutral colored camisole inside will help with the transparent back.
Outfit Details: Sweater: Stitch Fix | Skirt: c/o Lookbook Store | Heels: Piperlime past season | Clutch: Zara past season | Necklace: Sunset 45
What are the seasonal pieces you save on, and choose to find at affordable, trendy stores? Have you ever tried Lookbook Store?
Can’t wait to hear your thoughts in the comments. Let me know if you have your own tips for styling fancy skirts for day wear. <3
In case you are new to theboxqueen, and would love to receive news, and updates first, make sure to sign up on the top of the page with your e-mail. So happy to have you join us!
You can also find me below on theboxqueen social media. Let me know if you find me!
Have a wonderful new week full of possibilities, and love! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST
Linking up with a great party at Style Sessions.