Looking at the boxes piling up in front of our door on a daily basis, my kids have for the longest time been asking for a subscription of their own. You may know how the name of the blog came to be when my son blurted out one day that I was the BoxQueen. It turned out they also wanted to be on the receiving end of my many subscriptions. 🙂 (Find 50% discount code below)
For my kids, I wanted a subscription that was fun, educational, and enriching at the same time. I wanted them to get something meaningful out of the experience with their sub box , learn new things, while fully enjoying the process. When I had the opportunity to try Junior Explorers, and heard what it was all about, I was so excited for them.
Ladies if you have kids in your life at some capacity you NEED this subscription. ( use Discount code: BOXQUEEN50 for 50% off your first box with my links!!!) You may be their mom, sister, aunt, or their mom’s best friend. Junior Explorers is such a valuable gift to give to the children you love. You want to know why?
What We Loved about the Subscription?
- Junior Explorers is a lovely, and learning packed box that has two parts. First is the actual Mission Kit your receive, ( that you see my kids interacting with in the above pic) and the second is the online mission you unlock with the special code you get in your kit. The supporting activities such as the animal info cards, stickers, and tattoos all got my kids into the mission mode.
- It is the best kids subscription for children, who love nature, animals, and our planet. We are an animal loving family, and we are all curious to learn more about our world. My kids were so intrigued.
- The two characters Kia and Kyle accompany the kids on the missions. They are relatable, and make the kids feel like they are right there with them at the destinations. Mine loved customizing their Kia & Kyle. 🙂
- When you first subscribe you receive the Welcome Kit as your first delivery. It’s for getting your kids familiar with Junior Explorers. In the following months, you start receiving the Mission Kits which include activities, collectibles, and fact sheets focusing on the chosen ecosystems.
- My kids favorite part was the online mission unlocked by the special code you receive in your kit. This takes the kids on an adventure filled journey, while teaching them facts about ecosystems in an exciting way. My 10 year old was teaching the younger ones about the animal facts, taking the role of the leader, and my 6, and 5 year old helped with all steps of the mission with a twinkle in their eye. They absolutely loved helping find the Polar Bear Mom.
- I am also IN LOVE with Mission Give Back feature of Junior Explorers, that teaches kids awareness, and introduces them to projects/organizations that do good for the planet. With each sign-up, the company also donates to these projects. When the kids complete missions, they receive a certificate, and points they can spend on these wonderful causes.
How Does The Subscription Work?
- Junior Explorers is best for kids 5-12. At the moment they only ship to the United States.
- There are 4 subscriptions you can choose from. You can try Junior Explorers for a month for $19, or you can choose from a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription which come discounted. Each month you’ll receive a new mission to a new ecosystem & animals. Shipping is $2 monthly.
- Each mission tracks the performance of one player. Junior Explorers recommend a subscription for each child. We received the Arctic Mission, and my kids actually worked together towards it.
Let’s take a closer look at the Online Mission. I don’t want to give too much away, but want to give you a taste of what your kids can expect. Mine was thrilled with the mission, played all the games, and successfully completed it. They felt so accomplished, and learned so much along the way.
You can see above how the Mission started, the message to Junior Explorers from Arctic Rescue Center Chief, how the kids got Kia and Kyle ready for the mission with proper apparel, the map for the mission, and the Polar Bear Mom successfully found. My kids felt important getting instructions from the Rescue Center Chief.
Working hard together to find the Polar Bear mom.
Remember the “Mission Give Back” we loved so much? Here you can see how my kids chose to give half of their mission earnings to each project. They also received a certification on which they wrote their name, and got the mission’s stamp of approval.
Overall Impressions: My kids gave Junior Explorers a huge thumbs up, and I agree with them wholeheartedly. The subscription has so much value, and I think it teaches the kids not only the world surrounding them , but also to give back, and help great causes. To top it all of, my children had a BLAST. After completing the mission, my five year old said “Mommy I did it, I saved the bear”. This enthusiasm for learning is all I can ask for from a kids subscription.
To try this subscription for the kids in your life, you can sign up here, and surprise them with the gift of an adventure.
DISCOUNT CODE: Use discount code BOXQUEEN50 for 50% off your first box with my links.
What do you think of Junior Explorers? Have you tried the subscription before? Would love to hear your thoughts!!
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates.
Have a fabulous Tuesday my dear ladies! Hope you have a fab day! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER