This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Acnevir for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Do you ever suffer from adult acne? As I talk about beauty on TheBoxQueen frequently, I’ve
been asked a couple times if I get adult acne and what I do to prevent/treat it? Today I’ll share some of my tips with you.
The truth is I do from time to time get adult acne ( more so during certain times of the month as acne can be hormonal) and when it happens it certainly is not pretty. I think along with the obvious physical symptoms, adult acne also stirs up emotional feelings reminding me my teen years’ acne agony LOL. Here are some ways you can prevent and treat it, if adult acne also still sometimes knocks your door!
1) Clean Your Face and Your Make-up At Least Daily. This sounds like a no brainer but I think something we tend to skip when we are tired or very sleepy. (although we many not want to accept the fact 🙂 ) I can admit I’ve gone to bed more than a couple times after a long day of running around and a night of writing/reading/watching movies to late hours, getting super sleepy, and just throwing myself to bed. Not very ladylike I know, and it’s not everyday, but it does happen nevertheless. Most of the adult acne is the result of blocked pores, so make sure to throughly clean your face at least daily or ideally morning & night.
2) Use a Formulated For Adults Acne Medication such as Acnevir®. Adult acne is different from teen acne as adult skin is thinner & has changed over the years.
An adult acne medication such as the three-in-one homeopathic gel Acnevir® works great for adult acne, and it is also formulated to be less harsh on sensitive skin. I’ve tried Acnevir® during the inevitable acne week of the month 🙂 and have gotten good results. It also saved me from going to a dinner party with industrial strength make-up to cover the pimples LOL.
Acnevir® clears acne pimples, reduces redness, and prevents future breakouts. It’s for 18+, works for all skin types & tones, and does not tint, or stain your clothes. ( woot woot for that one right ladies? ) It also works better as Acnevir® has three active ingredients versus just one. When I used it I felt like it went on smoothly, and was absorbed pretty quickly. I like that you can purchase it easily from a wide list of retailers including Walmart. Overall great help for those tough adult acne days! When I get adult acne this is what my routine looks like:
- Clean face
- Use Acnevir® in the affected area. (I seem to get them on the sides of my chin)
- Moisturize on top – Very easy and it works!
One reader will win a package of Acnevir. Just comment to let me know how you manage/prevent adult acne!!
Like with everything in your medicine cabinet, please make sure to read and follow all label instructions before using.
Acnevir GelAcnevir Gel
3) Stay Away From Chocolate & Fried Foods My dermatologist told me this once. She said these foods don’t necessarily cause acne but they increase its occurrence, and make it worse as they cause the sebaceous glands to overproduce. I eat pretty healthy, and do my best to eat fried foods in moderation. Chocolate my friends is a whole another story. Chocolate got a forever hold of me, but if you can save yourselves do it 🙂 as apparently your skin will thank you for it!
4) Drink a Lot of Water 8 cups of water a day has been long recommended. I am speaking more from experience though. I am working really hard on this one as historically the more I drank close the suggested amount of water, the less acne I got. Overall my skin glows more as it gets hydrated from within. As a tea fan, it’s easy for me to reach for a cup of tea every time I feel thirsty, but I really try hard to drink more water. It flushes out the toxins too. NEED!!
5) Do Not Over- Exfoliate Your Skin Although cleaning your face daily is essential, over-exfoliating it is as detrimental. I’ve learned this from the esthetician I go to for facials. She stressed that over-exfoliation strips oils from your face. Your glands will react to this by over compensating which means even more oil production which results in acne. Use a gentle exfoliating cream, and apply it only once a week if you get a lot of adult acne.
Ladies what are some of your tips for managing, and preventing adult acne? I would love to hear it all! Don’t forget one reader will win a box of Acnevir just by commenting!
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates.
Wish you all a wonderful day ladies! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER