I love experimenting with fashion. This statement is probably no surprise to you lovely ladies, especially if you’ve been reading TheBoxQueen for a while, and have seen me in a variety of outfits in many colors, and patterns. I love to express how I feel daily through my style choices, and enjoy putting together unexpected combinations.
Having said that, there are also some outfits I am just comfortable in on any given day, or time. I can just throw them on, and feel good about my look. One of those outfits is this casual flannel grey blazer, skinny jeans, printed tee, and grey suede pumps combination. I’ll show you How to Put Together A Casual Blazer Outfit. I’ll also tell you about Donde Fashion, a new way to shop quickly from your favorite retailers, in one place.
UPDATE: Current Favorite Blazers
- This boyfriend jacket is great for everyday and has a effortless, cool vibe.
- This striped piece is classy, on sale and would be perfect for spring.
- The bubble pink Blazer is an investment piece but has the best shape, and is universally pretty
- Well made, and work appropriate in navy, this jacket is a classic.
HOW TO PUT TOGETHER A CASUAL BLAZER OUTFIT
1) Blazer Style Tip: When putting together a stylish, everyday blazer outfit, the number one element you’ll look for is a blazer made with a casual fabric. Blazers in more formal fabrics may feel businesslike, however my new grey blazer is made of flannel, and is such a great everyday option.
I was happy to learn about Donde Fashion App that is FREE to download, when I was looking for a new casual weekend outfit. This is a really cool tool to sort through, filter, and to find thousands of merchandise.
When you narrow down your choices, the Universal Shopping Cart feature lets you add items to your cart from more than one retailer, and you only check out once. This means you submit your payment and shipping info once, and you are done. Being someone who loves a variety of online retailers, for me this feature of Donde Fashion is very attractive.
2) Layering Style Tip: Unless you are in an extremely cold climate, in which case you would probably have a coat over your blazer, and a sweater under, I would recommend you wear a Tee-shirt under your jacket. For instance, here in the NW, today it was in the 50’s. I wore my flannel blazer with a short sleeve T. (under a longish raincoat; in NW it rains)
I chose to do grey on grey here, and picked a short sleeve Tee with a cutesy print. For under my blazers, I prefer to go with tee’s that either have prints/patterns or I choose ones that are colorful.
When discovering the Donde Fashion App ‘s features, I noticed the option of directly searching brands. I searched for LOFT, and filtered by jackets, jacket type, and color. My flannel blazer came up.
You can wishlist items you take a fancy on during your searches for future reference. Donde Fashion will also show you sales, and offers available from various retailers including specific items. This app is very practical, and is such a time-saver.
3) Jeans Style Tip: I like my blazers fitted, and think skinny jeans look the best with them. If you are 5 5′ and under, I recommend ankle length jeans. I am 5 4′ and ankle length is just right for me. I don’t need to have the hems altered, and there is no bunching with booties or pumps. I really like the wash of my new skinny jeans, and their ankle length hem with the zipper detail is perfect.
4) Accessory Style Tip: In a casual blazer outfit, I like to use clean, elegant accessories that are statement pieces without being fussy. This long tassel necklace is such a classic and I think it goes nicely with the lines of the jacket. I kept everything else simple.
I really like pumps with skinny jeans. The extra height slims the legs, and they help create a feminine silhouette. If you don’t like high heels, you could also wear medium heel booties to complete your outfit.
BLAZER: LOFT | TEE: LOFT | SKINNY JEANS: LOFT | PUMPS: SAM EDELMAN | SUNGLASSES: MARC BY MARC JACOBS | NECKLACE: KENDRA SCOTT
Hope these casual blazer outfit style tips have been helpful.
Also don’t forget to check out the Donde Fashion App for quick, one stop shopping. You can download the Free App. I feel like you would enjoy this cool shopping tool.
Ladies how do you like to wear your blazer outfits? Have you heard of or tried Donde Fashion App? I would love to hear it all.
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful Friday ladies. Stay happy & stylish! <3 XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER
Thanks Donde Fashion for Sponsoring This Post.