Today I’ll share you a new meal kit service, in this Sun Basket Review, that’s as healthy as it’s delicious. (and a pretty great offer, one of their best yet, with this link that’ll save you $34.47 which is 3 FREE meals) I am seriously giddy that I learned about Sun Basket, and got to try it out. Who knew I would be this excited for a subscription that is not clothes, beauty items, or accessories haha.
Although I’ve been aware of meal services for a while, I haven’t gotten around to trying one until now. My husband and I love gourmet food, and healthy meals. We love trying out new
tastes, however in our current crazy busy schedule, we’ve been sacrificing cooking new
things at home.
We used to cook together and we would try recipes from international cuisines almost every night. Nowadays, when we are done with our day, it’s usually around 7 in the evening, and we feel so exhausted. We end up putting together quick, tried and tested dinners that we know the kids will love to eat. Knowing we sacrifice our love of new tastes, we were just recently jokingly discussing how convenient it would be to have food delivered.
When Sun Basket reached out to me to see whether I would like to try their service, researched it first. I was pretty impressed to learn all of the following:
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT SUN BASKET
- Sun Basket sends organic ingredients, non-GMO produce from the best west coast farms. The meat, and sea food are also sustainably sourced, and hormone free.
- Recipes are created by the award winning San Francisco chef Justine Kelly. Fun fact, I knew about her simply because we went to Slanted Door a couple times when she used to be a chef there. They are also nutritionist approved & have balanced calories.
- The recipes are VERY straight-forward, and super easy to follow which is huge for me, and they don’t take more than 30 minutes of your time. Huge bonus for my lifestyle! This is 100% tried and tested.
- There are a variety of meal options at Sun Basket from Gluten – Free to Paleo -Friendly to Vegetarian. You get to choose 3 meals from an ever changing menu, and you can choose to receive meal plans for 2, 4, or 6 people.
- The ingredients are carefully packaged to stay fresh for 8 hrs after delivery. I can personally vouch for this. The packaging was super impressive, and the shrimp was still frozen even after standing in front of my door for a couple hrs.
- The packaging is 100% recyclable, and if you wish, you have the option to send the reusable parts back with free shipping.
- Meals cost 11.49 per person for healthy, new tastes made with the best of ingredients. Don’t forget you can use this link to get 3 Free Meals.
- You can skip a week or cancel anytime. Makes to try the service easier to see if it fits you.
Ready to see what I received from Sun Basket in my shipping? I chose the following three recipes.
I consulted my husband to see what he would like to have for dinner, and these recipes excited us the most. As you can see, the Sun Basket recipe cards clearly show what the final product will approximately look like, their calorie count, and on the back of the cards, clear step by step instructions.
This is how my Sun Basket box looked like. The ingredients were very well covered with insulation material all around, including the top of the box. There were plenty of ice packs on the top, and the bottom of the box. First you get the separate ingredients in paper bags, and at the very bottom of the box where it is the coolest, they’ve put the meat, and the sea food.
I’ll share with you the first of the meals that I made, Buttermilk Marinated Salmon with Cucumber Relish, and Pearl Couscous. The salmon was packed with the ice packs on the bottom of the box, everything else came in the Sun Basket paper bag labeled clearly. I loved that for each recipe, there was a separate paper bag that contained the ingredients. Another little detail that makes life easy for all of us busy people.
This is the first recipe I made.
Everything was super fresh, the salmon wild caught, and I loved that there was no waste as only the needed amount of ingredients were included.
Sun Basket vacuum sealed all the meat, and sea food; an extra layer of protection that ensures they are delivered fresh.
Both my husband and I were super happy with the taste of the final product. I took me half an hour to make, the ingredients all had amazing flavors, and the end product was very tasty. Even my picky eater 11 year old wanted to try a piece, and asked for seconds.
Overall Impressions: I think Sun Basket is a service that makes gourmet eating at home quick& easy with it’s healthy recipes, and good for you ingredients. We were able to try spices, and sauces we wouldn’t normally buy from the store, and got to experiment with new to us “at home food” like cassava wedges.
I can definitely recommend the service, and in fact I am having another box coming my way next week which I’ll review as well. Don’t forget you can use this link to save $34.47 which is 3 FREE meals, an amazing offer!!!
Have you ever tried home delivered meal kits? Have you heard of, or used Sun Basket ? What are your impressions? I would love to hear it all!
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Hope you all have a fab Wednesday lovelies. Stay happy, healthy & stylish! <3 XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER