This post was sponsored by Ulta as part of a Blog Blast Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
One of my go-to hairstyles that I use quite a bit in my daily life is a Side Fishtail Braid. If you’ve been reading TheBoxQueen for a while, you undoubtedly have seen me wearing this style of hair many times in variations. A Side Fishtail Braid is much easier to make than it seems, has a beautiful, romantic & modern feel to it that I love, and it’s the PERFECT solution
to bad hair days. 🙂
I am going to show you How To Style a Side Fishtail Braid in a few easy steps. If you aren’t already styling your hair in this pretty braid style, I highly recommend you give it a try now with the below steps. In a few tries, I am sure you’ll have a gorgeous fishtail side braid, and the best part is I think it looks great on women of all ages. <3
For today’s tutorial, I started prepping my hair with Living Proof Timeless Pre-Shampoo Treatment. I’ve always wanted to try Living Proof products, and The Timeless Collection has been an amazing introduction to the brand.
Living Proof Timeless Collection consists of four products, and is available exclusively at Ulta Beauty. The whole philosophy behind this line is to give hair it’s youthful look back. As time passes, I appreciate discovering hair products that help with reversing the signs of aging.
The Timeless Collection is powered with a fortifying complex of amino acids that help strengthen the hair, ceramide like lipids which keep the hair cuticles sealed, and smooth to the touch, and OFPMA + proteins that repel dirt & oil keeping hair cleaner longer.
Before you style your side fishtail braid, you can either brush your hair throughly to get a smooth braid, or if you like more texture like me, you can use a mousse to make your hair look fuller.
After I washed my hair with Living Proof Timeless Shampoo, and Conditioner, I used Living Proof Timeless Plumping Mousse which acts as a hair filler. It helped me get that thicker fishtail braid that is so popular.
SIDE FISHTAIL BRAID TUTORIAL – SIMPLE STEPS
1) Put your hair in a side pony tail. Tie your hair with a clear elastic.
2) Part your hair in the middle and hold each section with your right, and left hands.
3) Starting from the outer part of the left section take a thin strand and pass it over to the right side.
After passing the strands from the left section to the right section of hair, those strands will join the opposite section and become one with it.
4) Do the same for the right side. Take a thin strand of hair and pass it to the left side, joining the strands with the left big section of hair.
5) You’ll do this all the way down to the tip of your hair, until all strands of hair are passed from left to right, and right to left forming your fishtail.
6) When you are finished with your side fishtail braid, put another clear elastic at the end.
7) Cut the hair elastic on the top. This will make your braid get looser. You can leave your side fishtail braid tidy like that. If you like messier braids like me, you can pull at each section like I am doing above to get more texture.
8) Ta daaa; you have yourself a great hairstyle that you can use for day & night. (and a lifesaver when you are having a bad hair day. 🙂 )
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and that you’ll try it for yourself. I am looking forward to hear about the gorgeous braids you styled. <3
If you are interested in trying out the Living Proof Timeless Collection, check it out at Ulta Beauty. (the only place that carries the collection, and a store I have major love for. )
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful Tuesday night lovely ladies. Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER