Happy Weekend Lovelies! How has your weekend been so far? After a week full of days that took us back to the classic, rainy Portland, we had a very welcome, bright, and sunny Saturday. We made sure to fill it with activities. I also spent a part of the evening choosing the pieces I’ll keep from my second Trunk Box; a new favorite styling service.
If you are new to TheBoxQueen, I started getting Trunk Box’s last month in March. You can find my initial review here. My stylist Paulina did a wonderful job with my first box, but I think she got to know me much better this month and sent me some wonderful pieces.
HOW DOES TRUNK CLUB WORK
- You get introduced to a personal stylist online.
- There is NO styling fee (which is a unique feature), and shipping is free both ways. You choose to keep what you like, and send back everything else. There’s NO minimum purchase required.
- After you specify your preference ( they have women’s and men’s trunks) you’ll fill out some style questions. (similar to Stitch Fix if you read my reviews) These include the types of styles you like, your various apparel sizing, bra measurements, and shoe size.
- When you are done with the styling questions, you enter your full name, phone, and zip code to set up an account which takes just a few seconds.
- After you submit the info via “get started”, your stylist sends you a welcome email, and asks you how you prefer to be contacted. You can choose to talk on the phone (which is great for personalization) or if you are too busy to stay on the phone for a long time you can choose to receive an email from her.
- I chose the email option as I am always running around, and Paulina sent me a detailed questionnaire. I wrote back to her giving detailed info as well as my social media links such as my Pinterest board. Providing visuals helps a lot.
- At this point, My Favorite Feature of Trunk Club takes place – The Preview!! 🙂 Your stylist chooses some styles she thinks you would like. She sends you the link. Listen to this ( I found this really refreshing!) you get to take off anything you know you won’t want to try on. Your stylist then adds some other styles depending on your choices.
- You get sent a trunk that includes clothes, shoes, jewelry, and bags. I adore that there is a great variety of fashion items. The brands are Nordstrom brands that are from the current season which I also appreciated.
- You get to keep your Trunk Club box for 10 DAYS!! When you are ready to send everything back, you have the choice to schedule UPS pick up via Trunk Club, or you can drop your box off at any UPS location.
Now on to the contents of my April 2016 Trunk Club Box. You can see ALL the pieces I received in my April box below. (All the photos of the items are clickable)
In this box, I received two pairs of shoes, two bags, a couple dresses, many tops, and two jackets. Here are some of my favorites styled in outfits.
Style Tip: This silk camisole from Olivia Palermo & Chelsea 28 collaboration has a lovely cut, and back detail. I loved pairing the mustard top with the coral, eyelet pencil skirt I got from J.Crew factory last year, and these GORGEOUS lace up heels in grey/beige. Lace up shoe styles are very on trend this season, and it’s a style I love wearing. I ended up keeping the heels from this months Trunk Club.
CREATE THE OUTFIT
Top: Olivia Palermo/ Chelsea 28 ( Trunk Club) | Skirt: J.Crew -old (Love this eyelet option) | Shoes: Vince Camuto (Trunk Club) | Earrings: Wantable | Bracelet: Rocksbox (Get a FREE MONTH here with CODE: theboxqueenxoxo) | Sunglasses: PRADA ( Via Endless Eyewear – Get a FREE MONTH with CODE: THEBOXQUEEN)
This off the shoulder top is a lovely staple piece, and another on trend item from my April box.
Top: Splendid | Jeans: Zara-old (Similar Option I have &love) | Shoes: Michael Kors | Hat: ORVIS | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Sunglasses: Prada | Clutch: ORVIS (only $28)
Style Tip: This whole outfit is made up of Trunk Club pieces that came in my April box. I love casual outfits like this one for spring. In this look, a silk red tank from Trouve, and these Kut from the Kloth Jeans got a touch of glam with the lace up heels, and the fringe detailed bag from Rebecca Minkoff.
CREATE THE OUTFIT
Top: Trouve via Trunk Club | Jeans: Kut From The Kloth via Trunk Club | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff via Trunk Club | Lace-Up Heels: Vince Camuto
Style Tip: I love this dress from Cupcakes & Cashmere. It has a wonderful shape, and fit, and you can tell it’s well made. I think it would be a wonderful vacation dress, as well as the perfect choice for various summer events. ( The dress also comes in a pretty lilac) I adore it with the lace up heels, and the pink Kate Spade clutch/shoulder bag.
I was very undecided about whether I would keep this dress until the last minute but at the end I could not part with it.
CREATE THE OUTFIT
Dress: Cupcakes & Cashmere (Trunk Club) | Shoes: Vince Camuto (Trunk Club) | Bag: Kate Spade ( Trunk Club) | Jewelry: Rocksbox – Get Your FREE MONTH here with CODE: theboxqueenxoxo | Sunglasses: PRADA via Endless Eyewear – Get Your FREE MONTH here with CODE: THEBOXQUEEN
Vest: Halogen– ON SALE NOW! (Kept From Trunk Club) | Jeans: Stitch Fix (Under $100 Options Here & Here) | Top: Free People | Shoes: Sold Out -( Similar) | Necklace: Sold Out (Similar Under $15) | Sunglasses: Prada | Clutch: Sold Out – (LOVE this option)
Overall Impressions: April Trunk Club box was a success. I received some great pieces and and kept a couple of beauties. I know I’ll continue with Trunk Club. Especially love that the pieces are pulled from Nordstrom, one of my very favorite stores.
Have you tried Trunk Club? What are your impressions? Would LOVE to hear your thoughts!
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER
Linking up with a fab party, On Trend Tuesdays Here and Here.