If you’ve been following along TheBoxQueen Facebook, I’ve announced last week that I received both my Trunk Club box, and Stitch Fix 2nd Box of June (review here) the same day. (and gave you sneak peaks.) As I did with my SF stylist, I asked my lovely Trunk Club stylist Paulina for pieces to wear on vacation. I specifically requested dresses, cover ups, swimsuits, and cute shoulder bags.
Have you read my previous Trunk Club Reviews? If you haven’t yet, I invite you to start your reading from the beginning. You’ll get to see many pieces I’ve received so far, my keepers, and outfits I made with my favorites. Also see below for how this styling service works.
HOW DOES TRUNK CLUB WORK?
- You get introduced to a personal stylist online. If you get referred from TheBoxQueen, your stylist would be Paulina. 🙂
- There is NO styling fee (which is a unique feature), and shipping is free both ways. You choose to keep what you like, and send back everything else. There’s NO minimum purchase required.
- After you specify your preference ( they have women’s and men’s trunks) you’ll fill out some style questions. (similar to Stitch Fix if you read my reviews) These include the types of styles you like, your various apparel sizing, bra measurements, and shoe size.
- When you are done with the styling questions, you enter your full name, phone, and zip code to set up an account which takes just a few seconds.
- After you submit the info via “get started”, your stylist sends you a welcome email, and asks you how you prefer to be contacted. You can choose to talk on the phone (which is great for personalization) or if you are too busy to stay on the phone for a long time you can choose to receive an email from her.
- I chose the email option as I am always running around, and Paulina sent me a detailed questionnaire. I wrote back to her giving detailed info as well as my social media links such as my Pinterest board. Providing visuals helps a lot.
- At this point, My Favorite Feature of Trunk Club takes place – The Preview!! 🙂 Your stylist chooses some styles she thinks you would like. She sends you the link. Listen to this ( I found this really refreshing!) you get to take off anything you know you won’t want to try on. Your stylist then adds some other styles depending on your choices.
- You get sent a trunk that includes clothes, shoes, jewelry, and bags. I adore that there is a great variety of fashion items. The brands are Nordstrom brands that are from the current season which I also appreciated.
- You get to keep your Trunk Club box for 10 DAYS!! When you are ready to send everything back, you have the choice to schedule UPS pick up via Trunk Club, or you can drop your box off at any UPS location.
ALL THE PIECES I RECEIVED
You can click on any of these pictures & see the pieces directly from Nordstrom. ( the store Trunk Club pulls from) This is a good resource to see the current prices of items as well. In my experience prices sometimes change depending on Nordstrom sales.
MY FAVORITE LOOKS FROM JUNE
Free People Floral Dress
Style Tip: I found this dress to be striking when I saw it on my preview. It’s a color I don’t have much of in my closet, and the print is so very pretty. I was looking forward to try it on, and when I did, I was in love immediately. It’s the perfect dress to pair with my new flat sandals I kept from this Trunk Club Review. I am keeping this dress.
Style Tip – Accessories: Although I am not keeping this mini fringe bag from Rebecca Minkoff, I adored it with the carefree vibe of this dress. I added some beaded leather bracelets I bought from boutiques overseas, and wooden earrings from Wantable. The dress makes a lovely statement on its own so I tried to keep everything else casual and effortless.
RECREATE THE OUTFIT
Dress: Free People via Trunk Club | Shoes: Rebecca Minkoff | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff | Earrings: Wantable | Sunglasses: Prada
1.State Cold Shoulder Peasant Top
This top is another favorite from June Trunk Club. At this point, I think you heard me talk about my love for shoulder detail tops a million times. I also love the orange color, and the flowy cut.
Style Tip: I paired the cold shoulder top with the skinny jeans I kept from May Trunk Club. I would recommend you wearing this top with fitted bottoms to balance the looser style of the blouse. I love bright blue tones with oranges & chose a statement necklace with a blue center stone as well as the blue chunky heels also from this Trunk. This GORGEOUS bag added such cheerfulness to the outfit. It was in my June Trunk Club and I think I am keeping it.
Top: 1.State Cold Shoulder Top via Trunk Club | Jeans: Joe’s Jeans | Shoes: Steve Madden via Trunk Club | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff via Trunk Club | Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs
RECREATE THE LOOK
Embroidered Midi A-Line Dress
This was another piece I really liked from my June Trunk Club. It is a classy, elegant dress that is made of a casual fabric. I love its embroidery.
Dress: Two by Vince Camuto via Trunk Club | Shoes: Rebecca Minkoff | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff via Trunk Club | Earrings: Kendra Scott ( Via Rocksbox –Get your FREE MONTH here with CODE: theboxqueenxoxo) Sunglasses: Prada
Style Tip: I wanted to keep this dress look clean, and suitable for day time. I just added the printed bag for some color, the flat sandals, and the Kendra Scott earrings I kept from a previous Rocksbox. (You can get a FREE MONTH of Rocksbox here with CODE: theboxqueenxoxo)
RECREATE THE LOOK
Felicity & Coco Printed Maxi Dress
My fourth favorite clothing piece from the June Trunk was this beauty. I LOVE the pattern, and the simple, strappy style. It was a tad long for me even with high wedges, but otherwise this dress was a wonderful summer piece.
The mini, white bag I used with this dress also came in June Trunk Club. It’s pretty cute, and looks great worn as a crossbody.
RECREATE THE LOOK
Dress: Felicity & Coco via Trunk Club | Bag: Vince Camuto via Trunk Club | Shoes: Michael Kors | Sunglasses: Prada
Overall Impressions: June Trunk Club was another box of well chosen, high quality pieces. I enjoy the personal touches of having a permeant stylist, and the communication with her. I also appreciate that the pieces are pulled from Nordstrom, my favorite store. Can’t wait for my next Trunk Club. If you would like to get my same, wonderful stylist, you can sign up here.
Have you tried Trunk Club? What are your thoughts on it? Which of my pieces are your favorites? Would love to hear it all.
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER
Linking up with a Fab Party On Trend Tuesdays here & here.