Since I started receiving Trunk Club, a high quality personal styling service that sends brand name pieces, back in March, I knew I was in trouble. I shop a lot on my own, and on top of that have my favorite styling services I am huge fans of. Some of the styling boxes I receive once in a while, and some services I can’t live without each month.Trunk Club definitely joined the second group.
Each month, I can’t wait to see what Paulina will send me. I LOVE that the clothes are pulled from Nordstrom, a store we shop at literally all the time as a family. There are many more features of Trunk Club I appreciate which you can find in TheBoxQueen Trunk Club Reviews section or in the step by step guide to Trunk below. <3
HOW DOES TRUNK CLUB WORK?
- You get introduced to a personal stylist online. If you get referred from TheBoxQueen, your stylist would be my wonderful stylist Paulina. 🙂
- UPDATE: There is NO ongoing styling fee (which is a unique feature), however Trunk Club charges a one time, first trunk deposit of $100 to new customers. This is completely usable as credit towards any current or future purchases from your trunk. All your following trunks will be styled free of charge.
- Shipping is free both ways. You choose to keep what you like, and send back everything else. There’s NO minimum purchase required.
- After you specify your preference ( they have women’s and men’s trunks) you’ll fill out some style questions. (similar to Stitch Fix if you read my reviews) These include the types of styles you like, your various apparel sizing, bra measurements, and shoe size.
- When you are done with the styling questions, you enter your full name, phone, and zip code to set up an account which takes just a few seconds.
- After you submit the info via “get started”, your stylist sends you a welcome email, and asks you how you prefer to be contacted. You can choose to talk on the phone (which is great for personalization) or if you are too busy to stay on the phone for a long time you can choose to receive an email from her.
- I chose the email option as I am always running around, and Paulina sent me a detailed questionnaire. I wrote back to her giving detailed info as well as my social media links such as my Pinterest board. Providing visuals helps a lot.
- At this point, My Favorite Feature of Trunk Club takes place – The Preview!! 🙂 Your stylist chooses some styles she thinks you would like. She sends you the link. Listen to this ( I found this really refreshing!) you get to take off anything you know you won’t want to try on. Your stylist then adds some other styles depending on your choices.
- You get sent a trunk that includes clothes, shoes, jewelry, and bags. I adore that there is a great variety of fashion items. The brands are Nordstrom brands that are from the current season which I also appreciated.
- You get to keep your Trunk Club box for 5 DAYS!! When you are ready to send everything back, you have the choice to schedule UPS pick up via Trunk Club, or you can drop your box off at any UPS location.
For my August Trunk Club, I told my stylist I am done with summer shopping, and that I started putting together my fall 2016 wardrobe. I asked for transitional pieces that can be layered, fun & well made fall bags, and some boot options both tall & ankle length.
I include my style tips, outfit suggestions + details under the photos as always. As all the pieces are from Nordstrom, I am also listing every item I received in August Trunk Club in clickable pictures below. Clicking them would take you to that piece for up to date price changes & different color options.
SHOP MY AUGUST 2016 TRUNK CLUB
Below you’ll see some of my favorite outfits I put together with my August Trunk Club pieces.
Style Tip: I adore this outfit so much. The over the knee boots are so beautifully made, and I love that the chunky heel is so very wearable, and not too high. If you are looking for over the knee boots, take a look at them. I paired the long boots with this Free People dress, and the burgundy fringe bag that also came in my August trunk. I loved how the over the knee styled balanced the mini dress. The fringe bag had the same boho chic touch to it as the flower print dress.
Size/ Length Tip for the Boots: On my 5 4′ frame the boots were about two inches too long above my knees. I ADORE them, however do wish the boots were a bit shorter. If you are taller than me, I think the boots would be just right in length. ( Of course you may be around my height, and may like the longer style, just an FYI)
Dress: Free People via Trunk Club | Boots: BP Over The Knee Boots via Trunk Club | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff via Trunk Club | Earrings: Kendra Scott – Keeper from Rocksbox – Get your FREE MONTH here with CODE: theboxqueenxoxo
RECREATE THE LOOK
Style Tip: I must have mentioned I love plaid as my stylist included this cute plaid shirt in the mix. I paired it with the skinny jeans that came in the trunk, as well as these BP booties, and the small feed bag.
Size Tip: I recommend you size up by half in the booties. I would have kept them 100% but they run slightly small. Instead of my regular 8, I would need a 8,5. My mom who is visiting me, and who has the same shoe size also tried them on. They were half a size small on her as well. In short, if you like them definitely buy them but it may be wise to go up half a size. 🙂
Top: Treasure & Bond Plaid Shirt via Trunk Club | Jeans: FRAME Skinny Jeans via Trunk Club | Shoes: BP Booties via Trunk Club | Bag: Small Feed Bag, Rebecca Minkoff via Trunk Club | Earrings: Stella & Dot
RECREATE THE LOOK
Style Tip: The same skinny jeans, and fringe bag I thought would look lovely worn with these Sam Edelman boots as well as the sleeveless tunic from Topshop. If you like this tunic you can easily wear it as is in the warmer days of fall, and you can layer it with moto jackets, or cardigans when the weather turns cooler.
RECREATE THE LOOK
Top: Stripe Split Hem Tunic via Trunk Club | Jeans: FRAME Skinny Jeans via Trunk Club | Boots: Sam Edelman via Trunk Club | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff via Trunk Club | Earrings: Stella & Dot | Bracelet: Stella & Dot
Style Tip: My stylist included these slim boyfriend jeans from Madewell in my August trunk. I loved loved these jeans, in my opinion they are more slim than boyfriend though. (which is perfectly fine with me, I prefer slimmer fits.) I wore the jeans with the same brand jacket, the lace inset Hinge top, and my leopard pumps (great alternative) I bought last year. I’ve always loved leopard as a neutral worn with casual pieces to create contrast.
RECREATE THE LOOK
Top: Lace Inset by Hinge via Trunk Club | Jeans: Madewell Slim Boyfriend Jeans via Trunk Club | Jacket: Madewell via Trunk Club | Pumps: Sam Edelman – old ( Identical Style ) | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff – Keeper from this Trunk Club – Sold Out ( Identical Option) | Necklace: Stella & Dot
One of the two dresses that came in August trunk was this unique piece from Topshop. It has an exaggerated fit & flare skirt, and very thick knit fabric.I think this dress would make a nice special day outfit; the shape is so original.
RECREATE THE LOOK
I wore the Kendra Scott Necklace I kept from a previous RocksBox with this dress. You too can get a FREE MONTH of the jewelry service here with CODE: theboxqueenxoxo
Dress: Topshop via Trunk Club | Shoes: Old – (Similar Style) | Necklace: Kendra Scott – kept from Rocksbox – Get your FREE MONTH here with CODE: theboxqueenxoxo
Overall Impressions: Trunk Club is so much fun, and I love the variety, the large number of items sent, and the quality. I also love that you have direct communication with your stylist. This service has become a mini obsession haha, and I can surely recommend it.
Have you tried Trunk Club? I would love to hear your thoughts on the service ladies!
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER