Ladies, I think by now you know of my love affair with Trunk Club. I’ve been receiving this unique, high quality, and exciting personal styling service for about seven months now. I am slowly becoming one of their biggest fans. (See why I love the service some much below in How Trunk Club Works)
Welcome if you’ve just found your way to TheBoxQueen’s Trunk Club Reviews. You may want to start your reading from the beginning to get more details, and to see the range of the pieces Paulina has sent me so far. I also share my favorites styled with outfit details.
I assume that you’d probably like receiving curated boxes filled with cute clothes. 🙂 Right now I am having a $50 Stitch Fix Gift Card Giveaway in my September Stitch Fix Review. Make sure to check it out before you leave. <3
HOW DOES TRUNK CLUB WORK?
- You get introduced to a personal stylist online. If you get referred from TheBoxQueen, your stylist would be my wonderful stylist Paulina. 🙂
- UPDATE: There is NO ongoing styling fee (which is a unique feature), however Trunk Club is in the process of charging a $25 try on fee for new customers. If I hear more I’ll update.
- Shipping is free both ways. You choose to keep what you like, and send back everything else. There’s NO minimum purchase required.
- After you specify your preference ( they have women’s and men’s trunks) you’ll fill out some style questions. (similar to Stitch Fix if you read my reviews) These include the types of styles you like, your various apparel sizing, bra measurements, and shoe size.
- When you are done with the styling questions, you enter your full name, phone, and zip code to set up an account which takes just a few seconds.
- After you submit the info via “get started”, your stylist sends you a welcome email, and asks you how you prefer to be contacted. You can choose to talk on the phone (which is great for personalization) or if you are too busy to stay on the phone for a long time you can choose to receive an email from her.
- I chose the email option as I am always running around, and Paulina sent me a detailed questionnaire. I wrote back to her giving detailed info as well as my social media links such as my Pinterest board. Providing visuals helps a lot.
- At this point, My Favorite Feature of Trunk Club takes place – The Preview!! 🙂 Your stylist chooses some styles she thinks you would like. She sends you the link. Listen to this ( I found this really refreshing!) you get to take off anything you know you won’t want to try on. Your stylist then adds some other styles depending on your choices.
- You get sent a trunk that includes clothes, shoes, jewelry, and bags. I adore that there is a great variety of fashion items. The brands are Nordstrom brands that are from the current season which I also appreciated.
- You get to keep your Trunk Club box for 5 DAYS!! When you are ready to send everything back, you have the choice to schedule UPS pick up via Trunk Club, or you can drop your box off at any UPS location.
For my September Trunk Club, I told my stylist that I am in the middle of putting together my fall wardrobe. I continued to ask for transitional pieces that can be layered, more fall bag options, and I also asked if she could send the BP boots I liked so much half a size bigger.
I include my style tips, outfit suggestions + details under the photos. As all the pieces are from Nordstrom, I am also listing every item I received in September Trunk Club in clickable pictures below. Clicking them would take you to that piece so you could see up to date price changes & different color options.
From this Trunk Club, I kept two pieces; the Tory Burch bag, and the BP booties.
SHOP SEPTEMBER TRUNK CLUB
Style Tip: I loved the edgier pieces that came in my September Trunk Club. I recently bought the TopShop Moto Jeans and I thought it looked great with the TopShop Leather Jacket, the cool Sam Edelman boots, and the Free People cold shoulder knit top. The Rebecca Minkoff moto bag was one of my very favorite pieces from September Trunk Club. I was going to keep one bag so I went with the Tory Burch tote but this one is on my wishlist.
Jacket: Topshop via Trunk Club | Sweater: Free People | Jeans: Topshop moto jeans | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff via Trunk Club | Boots: Sam Edelman via Trunk Club
RECREATE THE LOOK
I shared this outfit recently in one of my Fall Trends posts. I saw the Topshop sleeveless coat in my September Trunk Club preview. I loved it so much that I could not wait to receive it. I went to Nordstrom, tried the coat on and bought it on the spot. I know I’ll get so much use out of it worn many different ways.
Coat: Sleeveless Belted Burgundy coat | Shoes: Patent Black Pumps | Bag: Black Clutch | Jewelry: Gold Hoops + Bracelet (you can get a free month of ROCKSBOX here with Code: theboxqueenxoxo)
This knit cold shoulder top was what I wore inside my moto inspired first outfit.
I initially received the BP booties in size 8, my regular shoe size, in my August Trunk Club. They are super cute boots, however they run small. I ended up sending the August pair back and ordered a 9 from Nordstrom. This time they were a bit too big. I am so lucky that Paulina listened to my request and sent me a 8,5 in September Trunk Club. Their fit is just right, and I am keeping them. (which means that ordering half a size bigger may likely work for you too)
Top: Stitch Fix ( Great Similar Option) | Skirt: Stitch Fix – Keeper From This Review (Similar Skirt Style ) | Boots: BP Nordstrom | Bag: Tory Burch | Ring: Wantable (All my Reviews) | Necklace: Stella & Dot
Ladies, this Tory Burch bag is SO gorgeous. I love the texture of the Saffiano leather, and the luggage color is easy to pair with everything. I could not dream of parting with it after I played around with the bag pairing it with my own outfits at home.
Style Tip: The top and the lace up heels in this look came in my September Trunk Club. I like to combine different styles in the same outfit. The classic white Cupcakes & Cashmere piece, the glam burgundy lace-up heels, paired with the camo skinnies created a laid back look that I felt stylishly comfortable in.
RECREATE THE LOOK
Top: Cupcakes & Cashmere via Trunk Club | Shoes: Vince Camuto via Trunk Club | Pants: Old – Similar Style Here | Bag: Sold out – Similar Option Here
Overall Impressions: Every time I receive the big, brown Trunk Club box on my doorstep, I feel so impressed by the quality, and quantity of the items inside. I love to see how my lovely stylist interpreted my requests. My previous keepers become staples in my closet. From my September Trunk Club, I kept a fab bag, and a must have pair of boots. I highly recommend Trunk Club if you are looking for investment pieces, great basics, and quality items.
Have you tried Trunk Club lovelies? What are your impressions? Let me know your thoughts ladies.
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER