Hello lovely ladies from a rainy NW day. After the very busy week I had, it is so comforting to sit on our couch at home, being in my lounging pants and cozy cardigan, drinking a huge mug of tea. The gorgeous city, and neighborhood we live in has become a magical place with falling leaves, and changing colors. All the oranges, yellows, and reds remind me of pumpkins, cinnamon, and scented candles, signaling the upcoming holiday season. (which is one of my very favorite times of the year apart from summer. )
My October Trunk Club box reflects fall 100%, and is one of my very favorites from this personal styling service I became a huge fan of over the last six months. My lovely stylist Paulina not only listened to ALL my requests, she also sent two of my very favorite boot styles in a separate trunk (as they did not fit in the initial trunk with the rest of the pieces) so I can compare them and keep the one I prefer. ( I asked you lovely ladies which one I should keep on TheBoxQueen Facebook , and here are the fab answers. Thanks so much everyone!! <3 )
As always, I’ll start with a summary of how Trunk Club works which will be followed by the clickable pictures of each and every item that came in my October boxes. This way, if you choose, you can see the current pricing (as they are all Nordstrom pieces, and sometimes on sale there) and the different color/print varieties of the pieces.
After this visual list of my October pretties from Trunk Club, you’ll find my very favorite pieces styled in six different outfits. Under the photos there will be style tips, shopping lists, and once again clickable visuals of how you can recreate each outfit that I put together. Hope this will all be helpful. 🙂
HOW DOES TRUNK CLUB WORK?
- You get introduced to a personal stylist online. If you get referred from TheBoxQueen, your stylist would be my wonderful stylist Paulina. 🙂
- UPDATE: There is NO ongoing styling fee (which is a unique feature), however Trunk Club is in the process of charging a $25 “try on fee” for new customers. My understanding is that you can use it towards your purchases.
- Shipping is free both ways. You choose to keep what you like, and send back everything else. There’s NO minimum purchase required.
- After you specify your preference ( they have women’s and men’s trunks) you’ll fill out some style questions. (similar to Stitch Fix if you read my reviews) These include the types of styles you like, your various apparel sizing, bra measurements, and shoe size.
- When you are done with the styling questions, you enter your full name, phone, and zip code to set up an account which takes just a few seconds.
- After you submit the info via “get started”, your stylist sends you a welcome email, and asks you how you prefer to be contacted. You can choose to talk on the phone (which is great for personalization) or if you are too busy to stay on the phone for a long time you can choose to receive an email from her.
- I chose the email option as I am always running around, and Paulina sent me a detailed questionnaire. I wrote back to her giving detailed info as well as my social media links such as my Pinterest board. Providing visuals helps a lot.
- At this point, My Favorite Feature of Trunk Club takes place – The Preview!! 🙂 Your stylist chooses some styles she thinks you would like. She sends you the link. Listen to this ( I found this really refreshing!) you get to take off anything you know you won’t want to try on. Your stylist then adds some other styles depending on your choices.
- You get sent a trunk that includes clothes, shoes, jewelry, and bags. I adore that there is a great variety of fashion items. The brands are Nordstrom brands that are from the current season which I also appreciated.
- You get to keep your Trunk Club box for 5 DAYS!! When you are ready to send everything back, you have the choice to schedule UPS pick up via Trunk Club, or you can drop your box off at any UPS location.
WHAT CAME IN MY OCTOBER TRUNK CLUB?
You’ll find my favorite pieces from October Trunk Club styled below. I wanted to show you the beauty of fall in the NW with my photos. <3
Style Tip: I recently bought this pair of sold out grey Topshop moto jeans. (They are still available in black, and have a great shape. Make sure to check out the size chart as this is European sizing) I paired them with this pretty green plaid shirt, and burgundy cardigan both from October Trunk Club.
I love the combo of green & burgundy. I wanted to add a bit more detail so I cuffed the plaid shirt over the cardigan. Frye’s wildly popular Melissa boots (also available in extended cuff) completed the outfit along with another neutral colored accessory, Tory Burch buckle tote in tan.
I kept the Frye Boots. <3 <3 <3
TIME SENSITIVE PROMO: This gorgeous ring, along with other Stella & Dot accessories are on promotion until the 10th of October. If you spend $100, you automatically get $25 off during checkout.
RECREATE THE LOOK
Cardigan: Madewell via Trunk Club | Plaid Shirt: Madewell 40% off via Trunk Club | Jeans: Topshop Moto | Boots: Frye Melissa via Trunk Club | Bag: Tory Burch Buckle Tote (Keeper from this Trunk Club) | Earrings: Wantable ( Wantable Reviews) | Necklace: Stella & Dot c/o | Ring: Stella & Dot c/o
Style Tip: This whole outfit is pretty much from Trunk Club, mostly from October. I love the AG skinny jeans in burgundy. (I have almost identical ones from Kut from The Kloth that I wear all the time) They are excellent pants; flattering, and comfortable.
I paired the pants with this snow white pocketed sweater, Tory Burch Jolie boots, and my tasseled large bag. (which you can get discounted today when you spend $100, ends tomorrow the 10th) I like the mix of white, burgundy, and black. Classic colors and jewel tones always pair fabulously together.
I added shine, and boldness with the long statement necklace from Wantable. (Similar Style Here)
RECREATE THE LOOK
Sweater: Halogen via Trunk Club | Pants: AG Corduroy Skinnies via Trunk Club | Bag: Stella & Dot c/o | Boots: Tory Burch via Trunk Club | Earring & Necklace: Wantable (Reviews Here) |
Style Tip: How cute is this bubble stitch sweater? It comes in four different colors, and has a huggable feel. I love turtlenecks to keep warm when it gets chilly. (I have a very similar sweater at home, however LOVED this one) I paired the sweater with destroyed jeans (identical style here), and one of my recent purchases from this Trunk Club Review ; BP neutral booties.
I wanted to add a bit of movement to my look, and added this trendy fringe bag recently kept from Stitch Fix.
RECREATE THE LOOK
Top: Halogen via Trunk Club | Jeans: STS Blue – Old ( Love this Similar Option) | Necklace: Stella & Dot c/o | Bag: Stitch Fix Keeper From This Review (Similar Style ) | Shoes: BP Booties (keeper from this review) | Earrings: Rocksbox ( Get Your Free Month here with CODE: theboxqueenxoxo )
Style Tip: One of the types of clothing I wear a lot during fall & winter is knit dresses. I rediscovered this knit dress in my closet. It’s a testemant to how versatile some pieces can be; I’ve had it for at least three years, and it still is current. (Love this same brand, slightly different knit dress too) I wear knit dresses with various jackets, and vests such as this printed vest that came in my October Trunk Club. Once again proving their wearability, the Frye Melissa boots completed my look.
I of course had to add some color, and my yellow bag provided that. (another yellow bag on sale)
RECREATE THE LOOK
Dress: LOFT old (Similar Knit Dress I love) | Vest: Hinge via Trunk Club | Bag: Stitch Fix | Bag: Frye Melissa Boots via Trunk Club
Style Tip: Have you seen my jacket that is from the same material of this vest, and in the same color too? It is an almost silky fabric that has a gorgeous drape. I loved creating this look with the velvet soft basic tee from Halogen (comes in five colors), and yet again the style joker Frye boots. (Seriously recommend these beauties, they literally go with everything. All the lovely ladies on TheBoxQueen Facebook page were right!!!)
RECREATE THE LOOK
This geometric necklace that came in my latest Rocksbox is very modern, and instantly updates any outfit. Have you signed up for your FREE MONTH of Rocksbox yet? You can take advantage of this offer here with the CODE: theboxqueenxoxo. (All Rocksbox reviews)
Top: Halogen Long Sleeve via Trunk Club | Vest: Cupcakes & Cashmere via Trunk Club | Boots: Frye Melissa via Trunk Club | Jewelry: Rocksbox ( Get Your FREE MONTH of Rocksbox here with CODE: theboxqueenxoxo ) | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff – sold out ( Love this Similar Option)
Style Tip: Another color I love with burgundy is nude. I am not a huge fan of crop sweaters but love the color of this one. I recently bought this crop top also from Topshop to wear with high waisted skirts, and pants. I find its looser fit, and wider sleeves more flattering. In any case, I had to show you this color pairing I use quite a bit in my daily life.
RECREATE THE LOOK
Sweater: Topshop via Trunk Club | Pants: AG Skinny Corduroy via Trunk Club | Shoes: Old (Similar Style I love) | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff -Sold Out (This Similar Style is Cute) | Jewelry: Wantable (My Reviews)
Overall Impressions: As I mentioned I kept this pair of Frye Melissa boots, and this Free People pullover (which I’ll share in a separate post) from October Trunk Club. Although these two pieces took all the budget I set aside for this month, I could have kept ten or more pieces easily; the trunks were that good. If you would like to try the service, you can sign up here which would give you my same lovely stylist Paulina. <3
Looking forward to hear your thoughts on my October pieces, as well as your own experiences with Trunk Club. Make sure to leave me a note below ladies!
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER
Linking up with On Trend Tuesday here and here.