As winter is approaching quickly, where I live we started to get even more rain, darker days, and colder weather. I want to clarify that I LOVE the NW. The nature is gorgeous (hopefully I am able to portray some of the beauty we have here through my photos 🙂 ), the people are friendly, and the activities are plentiful. Still though, there is no denying we miss the sun a lot during the cloudy, wet winter days.
One of the many ways I make the season more cheerful for myself (apart from the holidays, and getting together with the people I love of course) is dressing up that way. Using color in my outfits lifts my mood, and makes me feel more energetic. Along the same lines, printed pants, and accessories also somehow help make the days feel less drab and more playful.
Wondering how to wear printed pants in winter? I’ve of course got some style tips for you as well as ways to recreate my look. Let’s take a peak lovelies.
TIPS ON HOW TO WEAR PRINTED PANTS IN WINTER
- Match with Solids: Printed pants make such a bold statement on their own; especially if the pattern is as eye catching and vivid as my leopard print pants here. With these louder prints, I choose to wear solid colors to create balance.
- Pair with Cheerful Colors: Of course just because you are pairing your printed pants with solids, it does not mean you can’t have fun with your top & accessory choices. Choose a bright color that brings out the colors in your pants like I did here with my on trend mustard sweater. Add accessories that introduce a contrasting tone such as my teal pumps.
- Choose Slim Shapes: Although I have printed pants in flowy, lounging type styles ( see these super casual printed pants), I think patterned pants are universally flattering in slim shapes. What makes my leopard print pants so very wearable here is the flattering slim silhouette they create. ( If you purchase them just be mindful of Topshop sizing, and check out the sizing info. I size up in their clothing as they run smaller)
- Lengthen With Heels: Unless you are very tall and very slim, I would recommend heels with printed pants. Patterns in pants tend to emphasize your bottom half and a boost in height balances this out. If you choose flats, I think pointy toe flats look lovely with smaller prints.
- Do Pattern Mixing if the Pants Prints are Subtle/Small: Although I prefer solids with bold, big prints, smaller more subtle prints such as polka dots look amazing paired with stripes or flowers. A pair of patterned pants such as this wool blend pair with its darker color, and subtler print would look lovely with a navy striped top.
- Keep The Accessories Timeless: I think with attention grabbing prints, timeless, elegant accessories that don’t overwhelm look the best. Stud earrings, a delicate necklace, neutral colored bracelets or a gold ring are some examples. I follow the same principle for bags. I choose classic shapes that don’t compete with the print.
Top: Chunky Mustard Sweater | Pants: Leopard Print Cigarette Pants | Shoes: Teal Pumps | Bag: Tory Burch Buckle Tote | Earrings: Wantable ( All Reviews Here) | Bracelet: Little Lace Box ( Get $30 Off a Six Month Subscription with CODE: DRSEUSS30) + Layered Pearl c/o | Ring: Stella & Dot c/o Tumbler: Stainless Steel Gold Print
Accessory Style Tip: Like I mentioned in my styling tips above, I used timeless accessories in my leopard pants look. Iridescent stone studs from Wantable, a layered pearl bracelet, a classic brown & gold bangle, and an always in style buckle tote added a luxurious feel. They helped create a harmony in my outfit too.
MORE PRINTED PANTS TO LOVE
There is something about mustard and teal together that I find irresistible. This season I bought many pieces in these two colors.
RECREATE THE LOOK
Do you wear printed pants? What are some of your favorite ways of styling them? I would love to hear your tricks, and tips.
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER
Linking up with a fab party at On Trend Tuesdays here & here.