Happy Holidays lovely ladies! There’s so much excitement going on in our house right now. Every day the gifts under the tree are making a bigger pile with boxes arriving from family & friends. The kids are conspiring with me to make surprises for each other, the tree is lit up from day to night, and there was even snow for two weeks that made everything even more festive. Hope you are all having a wonderful time, and enjoying holiday activities.
My December Trunk Club came in the middle of the winter break craziness we’ve got going on, and it stopped me on my tracks. I think this one is one of THE best trunks I’ve received so far. It’s just that almost every single piece in my December trunk is so very wearable and just my style. I could literally have kept everything. I wish haha! BUT I did keep two gorgeous pieces. Can’t wait to show you ladies!
Before we start with Decembers pretties, first a quick summary of How Trunk Club works followed by visuals of all the pieces that came in the box. You can click on the visuals which will take you to the product with current pricing & other available colors.
You can find all my previous Trunk Club Reviews here. In this review, I am sharing many of the pieces in six outfits. As always, under the photos, you’ll find all outfit details and how to recreate each look.
HOW DOES TRUNK CLUB WORK ?
- You get introduced to a personal stylist online. If you get referred from TheBoxQueen, your stylist would be my wonderful stylist Paulina. 🙂
- UPDATE: There is NO ongoing styling fee (which is a unique feature), however I heard that Trunk Club is in the process of charging a $25 “try on fee” for new customers. My understanding is that you can use it towards your purchases.
- Shipping is free both ways. You choose to keep what you like, and send back everything else. There’s NO minimum purchase required.
- After you specify your preference ( they have women’s and men’s trunks) you’ll fill out some style questions. (similar to Stitch Fix if you read my reviews) These include the types of styles you like, your various apparel sizing, bra measurements, and shoe size.
- When you are done with the styling questions, you enter your full name, phone, and zip code to set up an account which takes just a few seconds.
- After you submit the info via “get started”, your stylist sends you a welcome email, and asks you how you prefer to be contacted. You can choose to talk on the phone (which is great for personalization) or if you are too busy to stay on the phone for a long time you can choose to receive an email from her.
- I chose the email option as I am always running around, and Paulina sent me a detailed questionnaire. I wrote back to her giving detailed info as well as my social media links such as my Pinterest board. Providing visuals helps a lot.
- At this point, My Favorite Feature of Trunk Club takes place – The Preview!! 🙂 Your stylist chooses some styles she thinks you would like. She sends you the link. Listen to this ( I found this really refreshing!) you get to take off anything you know you won’t want to try on. Your stylist then adds some other styles depending on your choices.
- You get sent a trunk that includes clothes, shoes, jewelry, and bags. I adore that there is a great variety of fashion items. The brands are Nordstrom brands that are from the current season which I also appreciated.
- You get to keep your Trunk Club box for 5 DAYS! When you are ready to send everything back, you have the choice to schedule UPS pick up via Trunk Club, or you can drop your box off at any UPS location.
WHAT CAME IN MY DECEMBER TRUNK CLUB?
All the visuals below are clickable and will take you directly to the corresponding product to get updated pricing and details.
DECEMBER TRUNK CLUB OUTFITS
One thing I LOVE about Trunk Club is the huge amount of pieces that come in one box. With so many items, most of the time, the trunks feel like capsule wardrobes on their own. I could literally make tens of outfits with the pieces that came in my December Trunk. This particular outfit has three pieces; sweater, legging pants, and the clutch from the box.
Style Tip: This cashmere sweater is a very versatile basic, and I loved how it paired with the edgier faux leather leggings. I added my pointy toe booties, and the sparkly clutch as well as a statement necklace I got and kept from Rocksbox. ( Get Your FREE MONTH here with CODE: theboxqueenxoxo)
RECREATE THE LOOK
Sweater: Halogen via Trunk Club | Pants: Faux Leather Leggings via Trunk Club | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Clutch | Boots: Ann Taylor Old – See Similar Here | Necklace: Rocksbox – Get your FREE MONTH here with CODE: theboxqueenxoxo
Style Tip: This outfit has both of the pieces I kept from December Trunk Club. ( You can see more photos in this post) Ladies, I fell IN LOVE with this sparkly, chunky, cold shoulder sweater , and these block heel purple pumps. ( Btw these are SO COMFY considering the height of the heels) I wore my keepers with a skinny dark denim, and this timeless bag. (also a previous Trunk Club keeper)
Top: Cold Shoulder Sweater via Trunk Club | Pants: Stitch Fix Jeans from This Review | Bag: Tory Burch Buckle Tote | Shoes: Vince Camuto – via Trunk Club | Jewelry: Wantable ( All my Reviews)
Style Tip: This little black dress with the darling ruffle detail would make a cute holiday party look. I love that you can pretty much wear it tens of other ways combined with various cardigans, blazers, or even front tied shirts. (worn as a skirt) The lace-up neutral heels also came in the Dec. box, and had comfy heels.
RECREATE THE LOOK
Dress: Ruffle dress via Trunk Club | Shoes: Lace -Up Neutral Pumps via Trunk Club | Clutch: Fringe Clutch via Stitch Fix | Earrings: Nordstrom/old – see this similar style
Style Tip: I loved this uniquely cut sweater with the burgundy skinnies that also came in the December trunk. I almost kept this sweater as I loved the neutral tones woven into each other. The creams, and beiges paired beautifully with the burgundy, and I added another neutral that I love; the grey pumps.
RECREATE THE LOOK
Top: Colorblock Mixed Knit Sweater via Trunk Club | Pants: Suede Leggings via Trunk Club | Handbag: Tory Burch Buckle Tote | Pumps: Sam Edelman/Old – See Similar Style Here | Ring: Vogue Tote – Get 50% off your subscription here with CODE:VTBQueen50 – My Vogue Tote Review | Earrings: Wantable (All Wantable Reviews)
Style Tip: If I didn’t have a puffer coat, I would jump on this one. It is SO cozy & warm, and it has a slightly fitted waist which makes it a flattering shape; not an easy feat with puffers. Didn’t I say Trunk Club boxes are like capsule wardrobes? The sweater, and jeans also came in the trunk, and I loved them both with the puffer. The Frye Melissa boots are a previous keeper from Trunk Club. I completed my outfit with the Vogue Tote bag. You can get Vogue Tote here 50% off with CODE: VTBQueen50
Coat: Puffer Coat via Trunk Club | Jeans: 7 Skinnies via Trunk Club | Sweater: Crisscross Sweater via Trunk Club | Boots: Frye Melissa Boots | Handbag & Jewelry: Vogue Tote ( Get your Subscription 50% off here with CODE: VTBQueen50 ) – See my Vogue Tote Review
RECREATE THE LOOK
Style Tip: This outfit is burgundy galore with the two toned suede leggings, and the rich colored bag. I wanted to add a bit of sparkle with this pretty sweater, and added this scarf, and my teal pumps for a bit of fun & bright color. All these pieces are from Trunk Club, and the teal pumps are my keeper from last month. 🙂
RECREATE THE LOOK
Top: Sparkly Sweater via Trunk Club | Bottom: Suede Leggings via Trunk Club | Scarf: Vince Camuto | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff | Shoes: Sam Edelman
Overall Impressions: My December Trunk was one of the best I’ve gotten so far, and this means a lot; pretty much all my boxes have been fab. Every single piece was something I would wear, and would love to have in my wardrobe. I can’t love my keeper pieces more, and I know I’ll wear them many times this winter. You can sign up here, and have my stylist Paulina style for you too. <3
Which pieces are your favorites lovelies? Did you sign up for Trunk Club? What are some of your most loved pieces you got from them? Would love to hear!
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER
Linking up with What I Wore.