One thing that is always on my mind when a new year approaches is my goals for that year. I prefer to call them goals instead of resolutions as the latter for some reason puts more pressure on me while the former inspires and motivates me. The power of words I guess.
Today I’ll talk a bit about my fitness goals. I also want to show you the Golden Tote loungewear/activewear I received a while ago. When Sarah, one of the founders of Golden Tote, asked whether I would want to try their Activewear I of course said an enthusiastic “Yes”. I’ve been meaning to share since November. Its finally time to show you the pieces I got, and this also goes hand in hand with my fitness goals.
Find all my Golden Tote Reviews here.
I’ve got a long list of goals for 2017. They include plans for my family, general life, TheBoxQueen, and of course myself. For one, this year I am going back to more ambitious fitness/wellness goals than the past few years. Three years ago, when I first started the blog, I was at one of the fittest stages of my life since college. (If you’ve been a very long time reader you may remember my Back to Fitness Series) I was exercising every single day, and although I do eat pretty healthy now, I was at the top of my game in that sense too.
Even though I’ve never stopped running, exercising, or eating healthy, I am determined to do even better this year to feel at my personal best. Here is the gist of my plan:
* I plan to keep up with my outdoor running at least 2 times a week ( See these posts for Tips on Running, and how to run outdoors)
* I just joined Barre3 Online. ( completely on my own- no current affiliation) I’ve done Barre3 workouts before, and if you’ve read my very early fitness posts you may remember I used to go to various barre studios and got amazing results.
I love how Barre3 improves balance, and flexibility while providing a complete body workout. I love that I can do the exercises at the convenience of my home. They have around 300 exercises available to you in a library & new workouts are added weekly. I also joined the All In program coming up online free which also provides recipes, a community board, and daily goals. This link will give you (and me) $10 OFF the monthly subscription if you wish to join me.
* I am back to tracking what I ate with My Fitness Pal App. This is great for accountability and to see if you are getting all the nutrients & vitamins your body needs.
* Taking my inspiration from the All In Program, and the recipes in the full “All IN” guide that you get access to when you subscribe, I started eating super clean. I am already pretty health conscious but this time, for a whole month, I’ll follow the daily meals completely. I really want to super charge my fitness transformation. This is not an easy goal as I do LOVE LOVE LOVE treating myself with chocolate too much. AND Pasta, and delicious breads & cheeses haha. Eye on the goal Elif, I remind myself a couple times a day!
* I’ll continue with subscriptions to healthy meal delivery services such as Sun Basket that sends organic/natural ingredients +recipes (see my reviews here) to provide healthy variety in meals for my family. ( Get 3 Meals Free from Sun Basket Here)
I’ll keep on sharing my progress over the new year with you ladies. Now on to Activewear, and Loungewear from Golden Tote.
Both the sweatshirt and the leggings are from Golden Tote. The leggings are good quality, and I love the transparent design detail. The sweatshirt is a very versatile grey, and has a cool, slightly slouchy fit. I love that you can lounge around in it or layer it over your gym clothes for lunch after you are done at the gym.
RECREATE THE LOOK
The third piece from Golden Tote‘s Activewear collection was this printed leggings. This piece is just my style. I love the pattern, and the fabric feels super comfy to exercise in. You can wear these leggings to running, the gym, or like I did here, you can pair it with a sweater/tunic to run errands in. LOVE!
RECREATE THE LOOK
This is the matching pants that came with the sweatshirt. I am not a huge fan of tighter fitting sweatpants for workouts. This one is lovely to read books in at home or to grab a coffee in from our neighborhood Starbucks.
RECREATE THE LOOK
What are your fitness goals for 2017? Have you bought any of the Golden Tote Activewear for yourself ladies? I would love to hear it all!
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER