After two weeks of being completely snowed in, and then managing to get a really really bad cold after, I was so excited to be able to finally go out and return to my regular life this weekend. I received both my Trunk Club, Stitch Fix, and Serendipity for Little Lace Box last week as well as purchases from many online stores so there should be many fun reviews, reveals, & outfits in the coming days. <3
For my first Trunk Club of 2017, I asked for jackets, a couple bag options, and some more sweaters. I made a note that I was looking for a cool jacket, and I even mentioned that I would love to get the popular BlankNYC suede moto jacket in a vibrant color, and the emerald version too if possible. Paulina was the fairy that granted my wishes as I received both, and more.
Before we start with January beauties, first a quick summary of How Trunk Club works followed by visuals of all the pieces that came in the box. You can click on the visuals which will take you to the product with current pricing & other available colors.
You can find all my previous Trunk Club Reviews here. In this review, I am sharing many of the pieces in six outfits. As always, under the photos, you’ll find all outfit details and how to recreate each look.
HOW DOES TRUNK CLUB WORK ?
- You get introduced to a personal stylist online. If you get referred from TheBoxQueen, your stylist would be my wonderful stylist Paulina. 🙂
- There is NO ongoing styling fee (which is a unique feature), however I heard that Trunk Club is in the process of charging a $25 “try on fee” for new customers. My understanding is that you can use it towards your purchases.
- UPDATE- SUPER COOL FOR ALL OF US NORDSTROM CARDHOLDERS: Use your Nordstrom card for any Trunk Club purchase, and it’ll count toward your next Nordstrom Note. Notes are redeemable in stores or online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and HauteLook. As an added bonus, the $25 home try-on fee will be waived for all trunks purchased with a Nordstrom card.
- Shipping is free both ways. You choose to keep what you like, and send back everything else. There’s NO minimum purchase required.
- After you specify your preference ( they have women’s and men’s trunks) you’ll fill out some style questions. (similar to Stitch Fix if you read my reviews) These include the types of styles you like, your various apparel sizing, bra measurements, and shoe size.
- When you are done with the styling questions, you enter your full name, phone, and zip code to set up an account which takes just a few seconds.
- After you submit the info via “get started”, your stylist sends you a welcome email, and asks you how you prefer to be contacted. You can choose to talk on the phone (which is great for personalization) or if you are too busy to stay on the phone for a long time you can choose to receive an email from her.
- I chose the email option as I am always running around, and Paulina sent me a detailed questionnaire. I wrote back to her giving detailed info as well as my social media links such as my Pinterest board. Providing visuals helps a lot.
- At this point, My Favorite Feature of Trunk Club takes place – The Preview!! 🙂 Your stylist chooses some styles she thinks you would like. She sends you the link. Listen to this ( I found this really refreshing!) you get to take off anything you know you won’t want to try on. Your stylist then adds some other styles depending on your choices.
- You get sent a trunk that includes clothes, shoes, jewelry, and bags. I adore that there is a great variety of fashion items. The brands are Nordstrom brands that are from the current season which I also appreciated.
- You get to keep your Trunk Club box for 5 DAYS! When you are ready to send everything back, you have the choice to schedule UPS pick up via Trunk Club, or you can drop your box off at any UPS location.
WHAT CAME IN MY JANUARY 2017 TRUNK CLUB?
Style Tip: This BlankNYC jacket was one of my requests, and my stylist sent it in this bright red. I loved pairing it with this blue sweater that also came in Jan. box as well as the Rebecca Minkoff crossbody bag which is a very neutral looking lilac. My purple heels were a keeper from December Trunk. I love combining all these beautiful colors together and I think with each other they make sense, and cheer up my winter day.
Sweater: Trouve via Trunk Club | Jacket: BlankNYC via Trunk Club| Jeans: Topshop | Shoes: Vince Camuto | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff via Trunk Club | Earrings: Wantable ( All my Wantable Reviews) Necklace: Rocksbox ( Get Your Free Month here with CODE: theboxqueenxoxo)
Style Tip: I am happy that Nordstrom now carries J. Crew pieces. This gorgeous orange cable turtleneck sweater is so warm, and cozy and feels super soft to the touch. I paired it with the super flattering sculpting black skinny jeans, and the popular Topshop puffer coat with the faux fur hood. The bag is also one of my requests; its Rebecca Minkoff’s Regan satchel. This outfit is top to bottom Trunk Club; the booties also came in this box.
Coat: Topshop via Trunk Club | Sweater: J.Crew via Trunk Club | Pants: Skinny Black Jeans via Trunk Club | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff via Trunk Club | Boots: Sarto by Franco Sarto via Trunk Club | Earrings: Stella & Dot
Style Tip: This floral jacquard bomber jacket is a wonderful example of a huge trend. I love that this piece combined the cool bomber jacket style with feminine florals. It truly is a beauty. I paired it with my most worn grey skinnies, the Free People thermal top, and grey pumps that I now believe every women should own. I seriously wear these ALL the time as you can see on TheBoxQueen.
I also added a House of Harlow necklace, and a pink bag (similar to this one) that brings out the blues in the jacket and that also harmonizes nicely with the greys for a complete color story. This jacket was one of the pieces I seriously considered keeping. <3
Top: Free People via Trunk Club | Jacket: Floral Jacquard Bomber via Trunk Club | Jeans: Topshop | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff – similar pink bag | Shoes: Old – Love this Identical Style | Necklace: House of Harlow | Earrings: Wantable ( See all my reviews here)
Style Tip: Don’t we all love that effortless casual look for daily life? At least I do, and I think this cardigan is the epitome of that! It has big pockets, and a slouchy fit. I paired it with my favorite Joe’s jeans that is a part of my daily uniform lately, as well as these BP booties I kept from Trunk Club in the beginning of the fall season, and have been wearing non-stop. My necklace is from Wantable, (see all my reviews), and the crossbody bag also came in the January Trunk. I love its soft lilac color.
Top: BP White Tank Top | Cardigan: Free People via Trunk Club | Jeans: Joe’s Jeans | Shoes: BP Booties | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff via Trunk Club | Jewelry: Wantable ( See all my reviews here)
Style Tip: I’ve been pretty much in love with this emerald jacket, with a detachable faux fur collar, since I spotted it on Nordstroms website. I requested it from my stylist and I got lucky that she was able to send it to me as an option this month. I paired the jacket with the same sculpting jeans you’ve seen above in the turtleneck sweater look, cold shoulder ruffle front blouse, and these mauve beauties I recently acquired. The Tory Burch tote is SO timeless; you can literally pair it with any color, and outfit.
***I am keeping this jacket, and I am also trying to decide between the slouchy cardigan, and the thermal top as a possible second keeper.
Top: Cold Shoulder Ruffled Blouse via Trunk Club | Jacket: BlankNYC via Trunk Club | Pants: Black Skinny Jeans via Trunk Club | Shoes: BCBGeneration | Bag: Tory Burch
Which of my Trunk Club Jan. 2017 pieces are your favorites ladies? If you would also like to sign up for Trunk Club you can get my same stylist here. She totally rocks!
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER