Happy New Week Lovelies! (Although its Tuesday, it does feel like the beginning of a week after the three day weekend) We had so many day trips planned for the long weekend. Unfortunately a completely unexpected water leak from our only three yr old dishwasher did some damage on the kitchen hardwood floors, and we instead spent all three days with contractors.
Right now a humongous humidifier is cleaning the air, hardwood is out, dishwasher is sitting in the middle of the room haha and driers are drying the floor. Ladies, I am exhausted & desperately need some lighthearted fashion fun with you all. <3
Enters my February Review of my beloved Trunk Club. I have heart eyes for Feb. box; they are getting better each month. My stylist truly rocks.
Below you’ll find all the info on how Trunk Club works, followed by visuals of every single piece that was included in this months box. I also styled three outfits with my favorite pieces from the box, and I’ll let you know what I kept. Make sure to check under the photos for Outfit Details, Style Tips, How to Recreate Each Look with clickable visuals, and Shopping Lists.
HOW DOES TRUNK CLUB WORK ?
- You get introduced to a personal stylist online. If you get referred from TheBoxQueen, your stylist would be my wonderful stylist Paulina. 🙂
- There is NO ongoing styling fee (which is a unique feature), however I heard that Trunk Club is in the process of charging a $25 “try on fee” for new customers. My understanding is that you can use it towards your purchases.
- UPDATE- SUPER COOL FOR ALL OF US NORDSTROM CARDHOLDERS: Use your Nordstrom card for any Trunk Club purchase, and it’ll count toward your next Nordstrom Note. Notes are redeemable in stores or online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and HauteLook. As an added bonus, the $25 home try-on fee will be waived for all trunks purchased with a Nordstrom card.
- Shipping is free both ways. You choose to keep what you like, and send back everything else. There’s NO minimum purchase required.
- After you specify your preference ( they have women’s and men’s trunks) you’ll fill out some style questions. (similar to Stitch Fix if you read my reviews) These include the types of styles you like, your various apparel sizing, bra measurements, and shoe size.
- When you are done with the styling questions, you enter your full name, phone, and zip code to set up an account which takes just a few seconds.
- After you submit the info via “get started”, your stylist sends you a welcome email, and asks you how you prefer to be contacted. You can choose to talk on the phone (which is great for personalization) or if you are too busy to stay on the phone for a long time you can choose to receive an email from her.
- I chose the email option as I am always running around, and Paulina sent me a detailed questionnaire. I wrote back to her giving detailed info as well as my social media links such as my Pinterest board. Providing visuals helps a lot.
- At this point, My Favorite Feature of Trunk Club takes place – The Preview!! 🙂 Your stylist chooses some styles she thinks you would like. She sends you the link. Listen to this ( I found this really refreshing!) you get to take off anything you know you won’t want to try on. Your stylist then adds some other styles depending on your choices.
- You get sent a trunk that includes clothes, shoes, jewelry, and bags. I adore that there is a great variety of fashion items. The brands are Nordstrom brands that are from the current season which I also appreciated.
- You get to keep your Trunk Club box for 5 DAYS! When you are ready to send everything back, you have the choice to schedule UPS pick up via Trunk Club, or you can drop your box off at any UPS location.
WHAT CAME IN MY JANUARY 2017 TRUNK CLUB?
All of the visuals below are clickable and will take you directly to the exact products. I like to include this list as it shows the most current prices, color availability, and sizes.
I can’t wait to dig deeper into my February Trunk Club, and show you my favorites in outfits. Ready? Let’s take a look lovelies. Like I mentioned in the beginning, make sure to check under the photos for Outfit Details, Style Tips, How to Recreate Each Look with clickable visuals, and Shopping Lists.
For my Feb. box I requested a variety of shoes, bag options, and spring layering pieces. My stylist delivered with gorgeous shoes, bags, and plenty top choices. The star of the box was this pair of skinny jeans that sculpts the body with its (for me) magic fabric and it matched every single piece! I styled all my three outfits around this pair. There was only one dress in this whole box which was this super mini from Topshop. For me, it would only work as an excellent tunic over leggings, or a swimsuit cover up. (As it barely covered my bottom haha, and I am average height)
TRENDY DAY LOOK WITH BOMBER JACKET & KNIT BOOTIE
Style Tip: I love outfits that have casual & trendy elements along with glam pieces. This super cute floral bomber jacket is both trendy with a touch of sportsy, and I paired it with the everyday, white V neck tee that is THE perfect item for layering. I combined the two with this sculpting pair of skinny jeans that left their mark on my February Trunk Club. (I styled all my outfits with the pair)
To add that touch of glam, I finished the look with these knit booties that also came in this months box, as well as the clutch/crossbody Rebecca Minkoff tassel bag. This bag is even more gorgeous in person, and is just the piece that would add personality, and fun factor to any outfit this spring & summer.
- I kept the V Neck White Tee. I love that it has a pocket, and a wonderful fit for layering, or wearing on its own. At under $20 I thought I couldn’t pass it up. I’ll also buy it in black.
- There was no way I was sending the Rebecca Minkoff Sofia bag after I saw how beautifully made it was, and the stunning tassels. I can’t wait to use this bag throughout spring & summer.
Top: V Neck Tee via Trunk Club | Jacket: Bomber via Trunk Club | Jeans: Skinny Raw Hem Denim via Trunk Club | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Clutch/Crossbody via Trunk Club | Shoes: Knit Bootie via Trunk Club | Jewelry: Wantable (All Wantable Reviews)
RECREATE THE LOOK
LUNCH WITH FRIENDS OUTFIT
Style Tip: This is an outfit I would wear for lunch with friends. I like that the off the shoulder sweater makes a statement elegantly, and that the lace hem detail adds a romantic vibe. The jeans make an appearance again. I like how they hit my ankles at just the right spot. I think they pair so nicely with the leopard pumps, hovering just above the shoes.
Top: Off The Shoulder Sweater via Trunk Club | Jeans: Skinny Raw Hem Denim via Trunk Club | Shoes: Sam Edelman Pumps | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Crossbody Tassle via Trunk Club | Bracelet: Via Rocksbox ( Get Your FREE MONTH here – love this jewelry service – ALL my Reviews) | Earrings: Wantable ( From This Review)
For accessories I wore a cool arrow bracelet adorned with crystals from my latest Rocksbox (get your FREE MONTH here), and colorful drop earrings from a previous Wantable that brought in soft pastel tones to my look.
RECREATE THE LOOK
DATE NIGHT OUT LOOK
Style Tip: This outfit is exactly something I would wear for a date night with hubby in warmer spring days. This Free People tunic has a gorgeous pattern, and a flowy fit. I love it over these skinnies, and the tunic would also look beautiful with leggings. Once again I used the tassel bag from Rebecca Minkoff that I kept, and also added in the ankle strap heels in the beautiful cream color.
I LOVE these ankle strap shoes. They are very feminine but comfortable too as the heels are not too high. The shoes contrast and balance the boho vibe of the tunic. These timeless Kendra Scott earrings from Rocksbox (FREE MONTH Here) completed the outfit.
Top: Free People Tunic via Trunk Club | Pants: Skinny Jeans Raw Hem via Trunk Club | Shoes: Ankle Strap Pumps via Trunk Club | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Clutch/Crossbody | Earrings: Kendra Scott – Keeper from Rocksbox – Get your FREE MONTH here
- I kept the ankle strap cream pumps from this outfit. I think I can wear them with so many different pieces including pants, leggings, dresses, and skirts. I love how they fit, and how comfy the heel is compared to high heel similar shoes.
- I also kept this simple tank for layering.
RECREATE THE LOOK
OVERALL IMPRESSIONS: I love that my trunks get better and better each month. One of the main reasons why I love Trunk Club, besides the high quality pieces they send, is having a constant line of communication with my stylist via messages, email, or phone calls. I also appreciate the preview feature which lets me see what she has put together before my trunk is packed and shipped. ( which lets me give my input)
February box was an excellent mix of pieces based on my requests, and I ended up keeping 4 fab pieces including a bag, a pair of heels, and two tops. LOVE, LOVE!
Which of my Trunk Club Feb. 2017 pieces are your favorites ladies? If you would also like to sign up for Trunk Club you can get my same stylist here. She is amazing!
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER
Linking Up With What I Wore.