This Trunk Club was officially a late March box. I actually have another Trunk on the way that should arrive any day now. The contents of my boxes have been getting better and better as my lovely stylist gets to know me more each month. For this particular one I asked for sunglasses options, and lightweight spring wear with dress choices. Not only did she send me amazing styles of sunglasses, but I actually loved them so much that I ended up keeping two of them in addition to some other pieces.
HOW DOES TRUNK CLUB WORK ?
- You get introduced to a personal stylist online. If you get referred from TheBoxQueen, your stylist would be my wonderful stylist Paulina. 🙂
- There is NO ongoing styling fee (which is a unique feature), however I heard that Trunk Club is in the process of charging a $25 “try on fee” for new customers. My understanding is that you can use it towards your purchases.
- UPDATE- SUPER COOL FOR ALL OF US NORDSTROM CARDHOLDERS: Use your Nordstrom card for any Trunk Club purchase, and it’ll count toward your next Nordstrom Note. Notes are redeemable in stores or online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and HauteLook. As an added bonus, the $25 home try-on fee will be waived for all trunks purchased with a Nordstrom card.
- Shipping is free both ways. You choose to keep what you like, and send back everything else. There’s NO minimum purchase required.
- After you specify your preference ( they have women’s and men’s trunks) you’ll fill out some style questions. (similar to Stitch Fix if you read my reviews) These include the types of styles you like, your various apparel sizing, bra measurements, and shoe size.
- When you are done with the styling questions, you enter your full name, phone, and zip code to set up an account which takes just a few seconds.
- After you submit the info via “get started”, your stylist sends you a welcome email, and asks you how you prefer to be contacted. You can choose to talk on the phone (which is great for personalization) or if you are too busy to stay on the phone for a long time you can choose to receive an email from her.
- I chose the email option as I am always running around, and Paulina sent me a detailed questionnaire. I wrote back to her giving detailed info as well as my social media links such as my Pinterest board. Providing visuals helps a lot.
- At this point, My Favorite Feature of Trunk Club takes place – The Preview!! 🙂 Your stylist chooses some styles she thinks you would like. She sends you the link. Listen to this ( I found this really refreshing!) you get to take off anything you know you won’t want to try on. Your stylist then adds some other styles depending on your choices.
- You get sent a trunk that includes clothes, shoes, jewelry, and bags. I adore that there is a great variety of fashion items. The brands are Nordstrom brands that are from the current season which I also appreciated.
- You get to keep your Trunk Club box for 5 DAYS! When you are ready to send everything back, you have the choice to schedule UPS pick up via Trunk Club, or you can drop your box off at any UPS location.
WHAT CAME IN MY APRIL TRUNK CLUB?
You’ll see every single piece I received in April Trunk Club below. You can click on any of the products, and you would be taken to the product page for most current color options, and prices.
Ready to see some of my favorites from the April Trunk Club? Here we go lovelies. Make sure to take a peek under the photos for outfit details.
Style Tip: I can’t believe that I finally found a culotte that I actually liked, and found flattering. This piece turned me into a fan. I loved its originality, and gorgeous print with the pretty mix of colors. I paired it with these heels I kept from this Stitch Fix Review, and also added the tassel clutch I kept from this previous Trunk Club which just went on sale.
Jumpsuit: Culotte Pleated Piece | Shoes: BCBGeneration Heels | Clutch: Rebecca Minkoff | Jewelry: Wantable (as a part of Style Edit now) | Sunglasses: Marc Jacobs also from this box
RECREATE THE LOOK
Do you remember this shift dress in the beautiful green from my Beauty Hacks post? I got it in this Trunk Club, and feel in love with the effortless fit, and of course striking color. I paired it with cobalt sandals I kept from this trunk last year, as well as this Rebecca Minkoff cross body.
Dress: Green Shift Dress | Shoes: Cobalt Sandals | Bag: Crossbody Bag | Accessories: Cat Eye Sunglasses
Style Tip: How cute is this bell sleeve jacket with the lovely print & the unexpectedly mixed beautiful color palette. I think the mint top brought out the mustards in the piece and made the colors pop. I wanted to ground the busy-ness of the top part of the outfit with these navy cargo pants also from this Trunk Club box, and once again introduced color with the mauve heels (see its in other colors) that I kept from this Stitch Fix Review.
All the accessories I used with this look are from Rocksbox. You can try Rocksbox FREE for a MONTH with this link. (Also find all my Rocksbox Reviews here)
I initially featured this outfit in March Stitch Fix Review.
Jacket: Free People Bell Sleeve | Top: Stitch Fix (Similar Top I Love, This is Another Pretty Option) | Pants: Cargo Willow & Clay | Bag: Stella & Dot c/o | Shoes: BCBGeneration kept via Stitch Fix ( kept from this review) | Earrings: Kendra Scott via Rocksbox + Bracelet: Nakamol Wrap via Rocksbox ( Get Your FREE MONTH of Rocksbox here) | Sunglasses: Marc Jacobs kept via Trunk Club
Jumpsuit: DailyLook ( Also love this similar style) | Shoes: Old ( Similar Option) | Bag: Stella & Dot | Accessories: Banana Republic/Old ( Love this Necklace & Bracelet Options) | Sunglasses: Tory Burch
From this DailyLook Review originally. The sunglasses came in this Trunk Club.
Top: DailyLook (Love this Off The Shoulder Style) | Skirt: DailyLook ( Pretty Similar Option ) Shoes: Ankle Strap Pump kept from this review | Clutch: Stitch Fix (From this Review) | Sunglasses: Tory Burch | Jewelry: Rocksbox (Get your FREE MONTH of Rocksbox here – try & cancel anytime)
From this DailyLook Review originally. Both the shoes and the Tory Burch sunglasses came in this months Trunk Club. I kept both of them.
Top: Shirred Off The Shoulder Top | Jeans: Stitch Fix ( Similar Style, Same Fit Not Embellished) | Shoes: Boutique/Old ( Floral Pumps ) | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff sold out (Same brand same style) | Necklace: Old (LOVE this Statement Piece) | Earrings: Rocksbox (Get your FREE MONTH here, try my fave jewelry service commitment free)
Originally seen in this Stitch Fix Review. I loved the lace detail with the peal studded jeans.
Overall Impressions: I kept so many pieces from this Trunk Club box. Paulina listened to my requests, sent me classy, and trendy sunglasses options as well as many other on trend pieces that I ended up loving. Trunk Club continues to be one of my favorite monthly services.
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER
Linking up with What I Wore.