Hello lovely ladies & all Stitch Fix Fans that just discovered TheBoxQueen. ( a big welcome btw) I am so happy you are here in this gorgeous spring day, and I have five new beautiful pieces to share with you all. After I finished writing my detailed “How To Get Your BEST STITCH FIX Box” post, I received my April Stitch Fix on my door step.
I talked about how I loved staying with the same stylist, however a surprise was in the works for me ( isn’t life always like that 🙂 and my own long time stylist was changed. I am not sure whether she is not with Stitch Fix anymore, or whether she is on vacation. I did request to have her back if she is with the company. I must add though that Tiffany picked cheerful items for me, and I would be happy to continue with her as well. <3 First of we’ll start with a summary of how the service works. Make sure to check under the outfit pics for details, style tips, and ways to recreate the looks. (with clickable visuals)
STITCH FIX HIGHLIGHTS
- How I choose my Stitch Fix Items
- How to get your Best Fix
- Stitch Fix Remix where I re-style previous keeper items
- Best Stitch Fix Outfits 2016
- Best of Stitch Fix Outfits 2015 – A Recap of My Best SF looks & How to Recreate
- SF Reviews 2017: First January 2017 Stitch Fix Review , February 2017 Stitch Fix Review
- SF Reviews 2016: Stitch Fix January Review 1 – Stitch Fix January Review 2
- February 2016 Stitch Fix Review + March 2016 Stitch Fix Review + First SF Box April + Second April Stitch Fix Review
- May 2016 Stitch Fix Review + First June 2016 Review + First July Box Review + Second July Box , August Stitch Fix Review
- Stitch Fix Septemer 2016, Stitch Fix October 2016, Stitch Fix November, Stitch Fix December 2016
- My Stitch Fix Shoe Styles
- Stitch Fix Men – My Husbands First Box
How Stitch Fix Works and How to Get Your Best Fix
At Stitch Fix Website, you fill out a VERY detailed style profile. They ask everything from your height, weight, to top and bottom sizes. You include details on the types of styles you like such as glamorous, preppy or boho as well as a bunch of info on how you want things to fit.
Theboxqueen’s Tip: Be as honest with yourself here as possible. I remember when I first filled my style profile, I answered the Q’s with more of what I dream my style to be rather than what was actually needed for my current lifestyle. I am a mom of three young kids. I love glam style, and incorporate that into my life here and there. The truth is most glam pieces are not functional for my everyday life. I now ask for more casual styles.
My suggestion is to fill out the style profile even if you are not ready to order just now; it’ll give you an idea on your style and you’ll get a sense on what Stitch Fix is about.
- You pay a $20 styling fee upfront. This is applied to your keepers, so if you keep at least one piece you don’t lose it. Also when you keep your whole box ( like I did a couple times so far) you get 25% off the entire purchase. I always keep at least one piece as I would hate to lose my styling fee.
- Make a Pinterest board that is a good representation of your style. Pin types of Stitch Fix pieces you like as well as your own photos so the stylists can see who they are styling and your fashion choices.
Theboxqueen’s Tip: Here is my personal Stitch Fix Pinterest Board. I pin what I like from Stitch Fix here as well as how I styled previous pieces so the stylists can get a better idea of what I like, my body type etc. I think these all help them find the best pieces for me. Feel free to join me there to see what I am liking from new SF items, and my new SF outfits.
- Leave detailed notes to your stylist when you check out. When it’s time for checking out, they ask you for feedback on your fix. Write why you loved your keeper item(s), and the specific reasons why a piece didn’t work for you.
Theboxqueen’s Tip: I always make sure to include details such as ” The waist was a tad too tight” or ” The color wasn’t flattering on me” or ” The skirt was two inches too short for my taste”. The more specific the better.
- Make requests but know that there are no guarantees. One fun thing about Stitch Fix is the surprise factor, and how it pushes you out of your comfort zone.
- If you don’t want to wait too long for fixes, sign up for automatic shipments. You can determine the frequency. I usually go for once a month nowadays but I may make it more frequent again once the new season rolls in.
- You have three days to decide, and mix and match with your own clothes. When you are done, you send back everything you don’t want to keep; in a prepaid envelope included with your box. Love how quick and easy this system works.
- I love that SF now offers exchanges. Do you love your items but need a smaller or bigger size? Just let them know to make an exchange.
- Stitch Fix now offers petite, and maternity styles and recently started Men’s Styling. YAY!!!!!
I get a lot of e-mails with the question ” What do you ask for in your personal style profile?“.
I ask for pieces that are suitable for a mom of three kids under the age of 12, but who also loves cool, trendy items that can easily be mixed and matched. I think you can definitely be a mom, and stay chic especially with comfy pieces high on style. In addition, I ask for colors, a variety of textures, and prints. I think these bring life to your closet, and also to your existing outfits.
STITCH FIX PRICE MATCH UPDATE: I’ve heard that Stitch Fix matched prices if you can find the exact same piece in a lower price point elsewhere but over the many years I’ve been receiving the service, I’ve never experienced this myself. Until the past January Review that is. I fell in love with these BCBGeneration heels the moment I saw them. As its a well known, and widely available brand, I did a research and found them for less. I am happy to report that Stitch Fix Customer Service was SUPER helpful and they matched the online price for the heels. I LOVE Stitch Fix even more. (like that was possible 🙂
Stitch Fix styled the Pixley Martina cardigan with jeans in the first outfit, and over a dress in the second.
Pixley Martina Slub Knit Open Cardigan ($38)
Style Tip: I love that in April Stitch Fix I got a complete outfit. (minus the jewelry & the shoes) When I got the open cardigan, the print sleeveless top (very similar top), and the stunning aqua blue denim (great similar option) in the same box I thought they combined beautifully. I added the metallic gold clutch, ( love this bag option too) that also came in my April box, to add some warmth to the look, and balanced all the colors with grey suede pumps. (see similar pumps)
STATUS: Sent Back
This cardigan (see this excellent option) is a well made piece, and is at a wonderful price point. I just don’t need any more long sleeves. I would have kept it if this came around late February.
Cardigan: Stitch Fix ( Great Option, Another Similar Style I LOVE ) | Jeans: Stitch Fix ( Similar Option) | Top: Stitch Fix ( Lovely Similar Option) | Shoes: Old ( Great Option) | Bag: Stitch Fix ( Love this very similar Bag) | Sunglasses: Marc Jacobs | Jewelry: Rocksbox ( Get Your FREE MONTH here – love this jewelry service )
How cute is this Pom Pom Trim top? Stitch Fix styled it with casual denim shorts, and also with a skirt for a more dressed up look.
Skies are Blue Aranyu Pom Pom Trim Top ($48)
I just love this top. I love the floral pattern that reminds me the tiles we used to have in our house. ( in fact I have two plates with the same motif hanging on our living room walls) I also really adore how it pairs with the jeans; my stylist did an amazing job with sending me an outfit in a box. (not sure whether this was her intention, but my guess is it was)
STATUS: Sending Back
This top was a big contender, and I almost kept it. I actually have two super similar tops, one just the same style, one a V neck, with the same flowers. (just arranged differently) I felt like two were enough, and reluctantly put this one back in the return envelope.
SIMILAR TOPS TO LOVE
Look at the intricate, pretty details.
RECREATE THE OUTFIT
Stitch Fix styled the colorful skinny jeans with two cute tops.
Liverpool Nik Skinny Jean ($78) & Street Level Juno Small Folded Clutch ($38)
I loved how the metallic gold bag looks against the aqua blue of the skinny jeans.
STATUS: Jeans – Sent Back
Similar to the long sleeve cardigan, I do not need any more jeans at this point either. I bought way too many this spring, and event kept one from a recent Wantable Style Edit (see all my Wantable Reviews here) that I’ll review soon.
STATUS: Metallic Bag – Kept
I LOVE this bag. I have a silver metallic clutch that I use all the time, and I thought this gold clutch that doubles as a cross body / shoulder bag would be another versatile addition to my closet.
The Knit Maxi dress from Papermoon was shown in two outfits one with flat sandals, and the other with chunky heels.
Style Tip: This dress is such an effortless style. It drapes beautifully over the body, and the color & print are pretty universally flattering. (see this almost identical style) I added the metallic gold bag that also came in April Stitch Fix, and completed the look with a neutral wedge sandal. To add some movement to the look, I used big hoop earrings with white bead detail.
Doesn’t this dress look so similar to the maxi dress I kept from this Stitch Fix review? They are even in the same color family. I wish the new version was in a different color. I would have kept this one too if it was a vibrant color completely different than my previous keeper.
Dress: Stitch Fix (Identical dress) | Shoes: Michael Kors | Bag: Stitch Fix ( Very Similar Option) | Jewelry: Wantable
RECREATE THE LOOK
OVERALL IMPRESSIONS: My new Stitch Fix stylist chose colorful, happy pieces for spring. I kept a pretty piece of accessory that is so wearable, and that goes with everything. I can wholeheartedly recommend you the service after years of being a paying customer myself. You can sign up here if you would like to try Stitch Fix for yourself, and thanks so much if you decide to use my link. <3
Which one is your favorite piece from my April box lovelies? Did you receive any particularly amazing items from Stitch Fix lately? I would love to hear EVERYTHING!
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER