We are in May; and with the arrival of the warmer spring month, I am transitioning my wardrobe to the upcoming summer months. As I shop for warm spring/summer pieces on my own from my favorite stores (see this shopping post, this one shoulder top trend, and best jumpsuits), I am also requesting lightweight, fun, and on trend pieces from all the personal styling services I receive.
In my May Trunk Club, my stylist completely listened to what I asked for and sent me many pretty items I had a hard time choosing from. Below, as always you’ll see my favorite outfits, and what I kept, as well as visuals of all the pieces included (which will directly take you to the products) along with my style tips. If you are new to TheBoxQueen, you may also want to start from how Trunk Club works.
HOW DOES TRUNK CLUB WORK ?
- You get introduced to a personal stylist online. If you get referred from TheBoxQueen, your stylist would be my wonderful stylist Paulina. 🙂
- There is NO ongoing styling fee (which is a unique feature), however I heard that Trunk Club is in the process of charging a $25 “try on fee” for new customers. My understanding is that you can use it towards your purchases.
- UPDATE- SUPER COOL FOR ALL OF US NORDSTROM CARDHOLDERS: Use your Nordstrom card for any Trunk Club purchase, and it’ll count toward your next Nordstrom Note. Notes are redeemable in stores or online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and HauteLook. As an added bonus, the $25 home try-on fee will be waived for all trunks purchased with a Nordstrom card.
- Shipping is free both ways. You choose to keep what you like, and send back everything else. There’s NO minimum purchase required.
- After you specify your preference ( they have women’s and men’s trunks) you’ll fill out some style questions. (similar to Stitch Fix if you read my reviews) These include the types of styles you like, your various apparel sizing, bra measurements, and shoe size.
- When you are done with the styling questions, you enter your full name, phone, and zip code to set up an account which takes just a few seconds.
- After you submit the info via “get started”, your stylist sends you a welcome email, and asks you how you prefer to be contacted. You can choose to talk on the phone (which is great for personalization) or if you are too busy to stay on the phone for a long time you can choose to receive an email from her.
- I chose the email option as I am always running around, and Paulina sent me a detailed questionnaire. I wrote back to her giving detailed info as well as my social media links such as my Pinterest board. Providing visuals helps a lot.
- At this point, My Favorite Feature of Trunk Club takes place – The Preview!! 🙂 Your stylist chooses some styles she thinks you would like. She sends you the link. Listen to this ( I found this really refreshing!) you get to take off anything you know you won’t want to try on. Your stylist then adds some other styles depending on your choices.
- You get sent a trunk that includes clothes, shoes, jewelry, and bags. I adore that there is a great variety of fashion items. The brands are Nordstrom brands that are from the current season which I also appreciated.
- You get to keep your Trunk Club box for 5 DAYS! When you are ready to send everything back, you have the choice to schedule UPS pick up via Trunk Club, or you can drop your box off at any UPS location.
WHAT I RECEIVED IN MY MAY TRUNK CLUB?
All the visuals below are clickable and will take you directly to the products I received so you can see their current price & color options.
I specifically asked for dresses for this trunk, and Paulina sent me many gorgeous options. I kept and LOVED the three dresses you’ll see in outfits below. Ready to see them ladies?
Willow & Clay Floral Midi Dress
Style Tip: This Willow & Clay floral dress was an instant favorite out of my trunk. It has the prettiest flutter sleeves, and vibrant flowers over a creamy white background. I paired the dress with blue heels taking my inspiration from the blue in the dress, and added the gold metallic bag I kept from Stitch Fix as well as hoop earrings from Wantable. (request Style Edit for accessories)
RECREATE THE LOOK
Dress: Floral Midi via Trunk Club | Shoes: Ankle Strap Sandals | Bag: Stitch Fix (Keeper from This Review) | Jewelry: Wantable ( Choose Style Edit to receive Accessories)
Leith Stretch Knit Midi Dress and J.Crew Edit Bag
Style Tip: The second dress is this classic, super versatile white dress from Leith. It has such a flattering shape, and I love that the solid color is literally like a blank canvas waiting for me to accessorize. I added a pendant necklace, and this Tory Burch sunglasses I kept from April Trunk Club. The floral shoes brought in a bit of pattern and interest to the otherwise calm outfit.
RECREATE THE LOOK
Dress: White Midi Knit Dress via Trunk Club | Shoes: Old – Similar Style I Love | Bag: J. Crew Edit | Necklace: Sold Out / Stella & Dot | Sunglasses: Tory Burch ( Kept from this Trunk Club Review)
HIGH NECK RUFFLE BLOUSON By Lush + Greta Sandal By Sam Edelman
Style Tip: The third dress I kept from May Trunk Club was this cute little blue dress with high neck ruffles. I paired it with the flat pink sandals that also came in my box. I chose the same Stitch Fix metallic bag as well as colorful drop earrings for accessories.
Dress: Ruffle Skater Dress via Trunk Club | Shoes: Sam Edelman Flat Sandals | Bag: Stitch Fix ( Kept From This Review) | Sunglasses: Tory Burch | Earrings: Wantable ( Request from the Style Edit)
RECREATE THE LOOK
Overall Impressions: May Trunk Club was another success. My stylist completely listened to my requests and sent me many options I was happy to choose from. All three dresses I kept along with the pretty J.Crew bag are welcome additions to my spring/summer wardrobe. I can’t wait for my next trunk.
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER
Linking up with What I Wore