Hello gorgeous ladies! I hope all of you had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. My parents are visiting us and we had a great time joining a huge nbrhood party, eating a little bit too much, and later watching the fireworks. We’ve been also been all over the state with them taking day trips, and enjoying the beautiful, and I must say well deserved, summer days after all the rain we had.
I am back with my favorite July Style Picks, and I am also sharing how to style a one shoulder dress. In addition, early access to the very anticipated Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is right around the corner and if you are not already a Nordstrom Card Holder I highly recommend it as this card gives you a whole week of advantage in the sale before it opens up to the public. You also earn points with every Nordstrom purchase and get notes in the mail which is free Nordstrom $ to use as you wish at their online or retail stores. ( HEART EYES for this 🙂 ) If you are like me, and already have a trillion other credit cards, you can opt to have your debit card linked and have a debit Nordies reward card as well. <3
1. One-Shoulder Ruffle Dress
2. Artemis Beaded Tassel Drop Earrings
3. Leather shoulder bag
4. Mystic Bazaar – Candice Wide Cuff
5. Ruffle Wrap Maxi Dress
6. Espadrille Wedge Sandal
7. Gerard Block Heel Sandal
8. Tie Front Midi Dress
9. Beaded Tassel Drop Earrings
10. Evonne Sandal
11. Oto Embroidered Leather Crossbody Bag
12. Gracie Off the Shoulder Top
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE JULY STYLE PICKS
- I have these drop earrings and I feel like they go with pretty much anything. They come in this gorgeous pale pink.
- This bracelet is a great piece from Kendra Scott. It feels very summery with its scalloped trim, and makes just an enough of a statement with the bold, large cuff.
- This espadrille wedge is very popular this summer, and I can see why. It is a versatile neutral pair that goes great with maxi dresses, shorts, and skirts alike.
- I love this midi dress with the front tie. Isn’t the bow just darling? I also really like the print, and the pretty fit.
- You’ll see me feature these block heel sandals in my outfit below. They are one of my best purchases this season. Very trendy, and so very wearable.
HOW TO STYLE A ONE SHOULDER DRESS
Seeing the one shoulder styles you’ve seen me feature on TheBoxQueen the past couple months, you may think I’ve always loved this shape but it actually grew on me recently. I always want to keep it real here, and I confess I did not really understand the appeal before haha. I think what finally changed my view has been the variety of styles and prints this trend came in this season. Now I am completely on board. You can see my one shoulder top picks here.
Style Tip: As this one shoulder dress already makes a bold statement with its unique shape, I opted for classic (but still fun) pieces to wear with it. In this outfit, I chose black, block heel sandals with modern lines, a timeless gold bracelet with a big center stone, and a solid bright pink clutch to bring out the lilac tones in the dress. This particular dress also has ruffle details so I passed on a necklace, and left my neckline otherwise bare. To bring a little bit of movement, and interest to the look, I added drop earrings.
RECREATE THE LOOK
Dress: Off the Shoulder Ruffle Dress | Shoes: Steve Madden Block Heels | Bag: Stitch Fix ( All my Stitch Fix Reviews) | Bracelet: Wantable ( You can ask for accessories in Style Edit) | Sunglasses: Tory Burch
How do you wear your one shoulder pieces lovelies? Will you shop the Nordstrom Anniversary sale? I can’t share my picks from it with you all very soon. <3
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER