Hello Lovelies. Brrr it got cold over here in the NW overnight. We had a jam packed weekend celebrating my sons birthday, going on adventures on the coast discovering a couple beaches we haven’t seen (yes in our state its possible, even after all these years haha. SO much natural beauty everywhere we turn), and meeting friends for brunch. Every minute we were out, I had long sleeves under a thicker layer. ( and at one point wore a puffy jacket, insert my shocked face here 🙂 You may have seen it in my stories if you follow TheBoxQueen on Instagram)
Although I seem to only have school shopping on my mind, it feels like I really need to start thinking of our fall wardrobes too. I am totally not ready for it yet, or school to start for that matter however my fall closet does need a boost with some fresh items. You know one of my favorite style subscriptions is Trunk Club so naturally I asked my stylist at Trunk Club to start sending me fall appropriate pieces which she did. <3
You’ll see my favorites from the August box styled in outfits below. If you are new to TheBoxQueen, a huge welcome. You can read all you need to know about how Trunk Club works below. As always, I also added a list of all the products I received in this box in a boutique form with visuals. Any visual you click will take you to the brand, price, and color options. Hope this is helpful.
HOW DOES TRUNK CLUB WORK ?
- You get introduced to a personal stylist online. If you get referred from TheBoxQueen, your stylist would be my wonderful stylist Paulina. 🙂
- There is a $25 “try on fee” for new customers. This is credited towards your Trunk Club purchases.
- UPDATE- SUPER COOL FOR ALL OF US NORDSTROM CARDHOLDERS: Use your Nordstrom card for any Trunk Club purchase, and it’ll count toward your next Nordstrom Note. Notes are redeemable in stores or online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and HauteLook. As an added bonus, the $25 home try-on fee will be waived for all trunks purchased with a Nordstrom card.
- Shipping is free both ways. You choose to keep what you like, and send back everything else. There’s NO minimum purchase required.
- After you specify your preference ( they have women’s and men’s trunks) you’ll fill out some style questions. (similar to Stitch Fix if you read my reviews) These include the types of styles you like, your various apparel sizing, bra measurements, and shoe size.
- When you are done with the styling questions, you enter your full name, phone, and zip code to set up an account which takes just a few seconds.
- After you submit the info via “get started”, your stylist sends you a welcome email, and asks you how you prefer to be contacted. You can choose to talk on the phone (which is great for personalization) or if you are too busy to stay on the phone for a long time you can choose to receive an email from her.
- I chose the email option as I am always running around, and Paulina sent me a detailed questionnaire. I wrote back to her giving detailed info as well as my social media links such as my Pinterest board. Providing visuals helps a lot.
- At this point, My Favorite Feature of Trunk Club takes place – The Preview!! 🙂 Your stylist chooses some styles she thinks you would like. She sends you the link. Listen to this ( I found this really refreshing!) you get to take off anything you know you won’t want to try on. Your stylist then adds some other styles depending on your choices.
- You get sent a trunk that includes clothes, shoes, jewelry, and bags. I adore that there is a great variety of fashion items. The brands are Nordstrom brands that are from the current season which I also appreciated.
- If you love a piece but need it in a different size/color, you have the option of exchanging it via your account where you see all the contents of your trunk. I absolutely adore this feature/ and the phone app of Trunk Club. Everything is attractively ready for you to view and interact with.
- You get to keep your Trunk Club box for 5 DAYS! When you are ready to send everything back, you have the choice to schedule UPS pick up via Trunk Club, or you can drop your box off at any UPS location.
WHAT I GOT IN MY TRUNK?
Below you’ll see ALL the pieces that came in my August Trunk. You can click the visuals to check out the brands, prices, and other available colors.
Maggy London Smock Shoulder Floral Crepe Midi Dress & Caslon Miles Sandal & Frye Melissa Hobo Bag
I thought this dress was just the most stunning fall piece. I was taken with it immediately as its just my style with all the unexpected details in the design like the layers in the dress, the cute buttons on the neckline, and beautiful print with those vibrants colors. I thought the cool vibes of the Frye Hobo & the Caslon booties were perfect to balance the frilly, girly dress.
For accessories I chose a golden bangle, identical to this one, and these pastel earrings that I bought the previous month.
Dress: Maggy London via Trunk Club | Shoes: Caslon booties via Trunk Club | Bag: Frye Hobo via Trunk Club | Earrings: LOFT pastel drop | Ring: Rocksbox ( Try a MONTH of Rocksbox FREE with this link – LOVE this designer jewelry service) | Bracelet: Sold Out / Identical bracelet here
RECREATE THE OUTFIT
Leith Cozy Ribbed Tie Cardigan & Melissa Hobo Bag
Style Tip: This outfit is something that can become a uniform during fall for me, especially in the early parts of it. It’s also a very easy look to make weather appropriate; I would switch the jeans with a blue version, and the heels with booties if its rainy, and muddy, & I could easily throw my puffy jacket over the cardigan. Once again the super versatile Frye bag makes an appearance; its just so great for a big variety of outfits.
RECREATE THE OUTFIT
V- neck Sleeveless top: Elizabeth & Clarke – All My Reviews Here ( Use CODE: CBQUEEN25 to get 25% OFF ) | Knit Cardigan: Leith Ribbed Tie Cardigan via Trunk Club | Jeans: Wantable Style Edit ( All my Reviews here) | Bag: Frye Hobo via Trunk Club | Shoes: Vince Camuto | Jewelry: Rocksbox ( Get your FREE MONTH of Rocksbox here )
CeCe Abbey Bouquet Fit & Flare Dress & MARC JACOBS Mini Leather Logo Shopper Tote
Style Tip: What I like about this fit & flare dress is how delicate it looks but how comfy, and effortless it feels. I love the elastic waist for some definition, its quite flattering. The dress is yet another piece that could easily be styled for summer or fall with the change of accessories, and shoes.
I have to mention the cobalt blue Marc Jacobs bag I think it totally made this outfit more special with its bold, happy color, and the size is excellent to use with pretty dresses; not too big but not tiny either.
Dress: Cece Abbey Fit & Flare Dress | Bag: Marc Jacobs Mini Leather Shopper Tote | Shoes: Sold Out / Similar Style Here | Jewelry: Rocksbox ( Get your FREE MONTH of Rocksbox here)
RECREATE THE LOOK
Ribbed Body-Con Midi Dress & Caslon Miles Sandal
Style Tip: I’ve always had a thing for Topshop’s ribbed pieces. They are usually very fitted but the fabric does not feel restricting, and is soft to the skin. This burgundy dress I thought would make an amazing date night look. I paired it with the open-toe booties I kept from my August trunk; for a less fussy, more casual vibe.
Ladies if you don’t own one of these Rebecca Minkoff bags I highly recommend you acquire one immediately as I use mine ALL the time. They are a good value (I don’t need to worry about ruining them like some of my higher priced bags) so you are not afraid to take them say to a grocery store with you, but they still have a nice design, and are made of quality materials.
Dress: Topshop Ribbed Body-Con Piece via Trunk Club | Shoes: Caslon Miles Sandal via Trunk Club | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff
RECREATE THE LOOK
Overall Impressions: Trunk Club is one of my favorite online styling services. I love that they are a Nordstrom Company and that they send quality brands I already buy and adore. I’ve kept many great pieces from Trunk Club so far and they’ve all become some of my most worn. You can try it for yourself here.
If you don’t want to miss posts like this, and want to hear about the updates, and news first, don’t forget to subscribe on top of the page. So happy to have you join us!
In case you are a social media maven, you can also find me below so we can share more parts of our lives, and connect more. I share daily deals, latest happenings over at TheBoxQueen Facebook page; come find me if you want instant updates. I also share my outfits, and new finds on TheBoxQueen Pinterest.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies! Stay your amazing selves, and stay stylish! XOXO,
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER